Military Pay Specialist
Fort Carson CO 80913 Fed4 1676 Evans St
Job DescriptionProvides secretarial support for our government client offices and provides support based, not only upon their functional and technical skills, but also on their understanding and adaptability to specific office environments.
- Photocopies documents and reports for distribution.
- Composes correspondence on own initiative about administrative matters and general office policies for supervisor’s approval.
- Anticipates and prepares materials needed by the supervisor for conferences, correspondence, appointments, meetings, telephone calls.
- Reviews publications, regulations, directives, and takes necessary action or refers those that are important to the supervisor and staff.
- Prepares special or one-time reports, summaries, or replies to inquiries, select relevant information from a variety of sources, such as: reports, documents, correspondence, and other offices under general direction.
- Greets visitors and determines nature of visits, and directs visitors to appropriate personnel.
- Performs data entry of various building related information and input data in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Maintains various databases and building information.
- Maintains performance metrics.
- Creates and maintains monthly reports.
- Organizes and maintains a centralized filing system in accordance with requirements.
- Assists in receiving and processing all Badge Application forms to verify that individuals are eligible for employment on jobsites at the Pentagon. This includes making sure information provided is correct and accurate and that supplemental IDs given as proof of identity are legitimate and up to date.
- Works with administrative personnel to ensure they are kept abreast of any new or modified security procedures and to inform them of when their employees are cleared to work on site.
- Handles and processes all Remote Delivery Facility (RDF) Access Requests to allow vehicular access to the sites in order to make repairs, provide materials, or make standard deliveries.
- Assists senior staff in briefings to contractors on what is required from a security standpoint during Pre-Bid Meetings, Kick Off Meetings, and at any time a contractor seems to be having difficulty with a particular aspect of our Security SOP or to let them know of an impending change.
- Serves as a liaison between personnel at the RDF to ensure that access remains seamless and prevents delays to projects.
- Assists in communicating important messages in regard to any changes in security policies, machine/printer/copier malfunctions, and other network issues.
- Submits all photo permits to the Pentagon for processing.
- Answers the telephone and transmits messages; retains records of calls placed, provides information to callers and visitors; makes appointments, keeps a log of visitors, and issues visitor passes.
- Assists in interpreting and reviewing guidelines, including unwritten policies, precedents, and practices, which are not always completely applicable to changing situations.
- Reviews, proofreads, and edits documents prepared for senior leadership.
- Enters, saves, retrieves, edits, and presents text and spreadsheets and/or charts for senior leadership.
General Job Information
TitleMilitary Pay Specialist
Job FamilyFederal Contracts Group
CountryUnited States of America
FLSA StatusUnited States of America (Non-Exempt)
Recruiting Start Date1/3/2019
Date Requisition Created1/3/2019
EducationHigh School (Required)
License and Certifications - Required
License and Certifications - Preferred
Other Job Requirements
- Proficiency in full suite of application products including, but not limited to: MS Outlook/Calendar, MS Word, MS PowerPoint, MS Excel, MS Project, IBM Maximo, Crystal Reports, and Enterprise Correspondence Control System
- Works independently, receiving a minimum of detailed supervision and guidance.
- proactively take initiative
- Takes responsibility to communicate all important organizational messages to include security policies as well as any interfacing with other organizations and their personnel to quickly mitigate any daily operational disruptions or issues with the office to include network and other IT related operations.
- Is diligent, courteous, and professional when receiving incoming phone calls and keeps documented daily logs of incoming and outbound calls.
- Possesses the necessary analytical skills and understanding of the client domains to review and interpret internal/external guidelines and policies as well as those unwritten and appropriately translate to staff and/or take proper actions.
- Possesses the experience and skills necessary to quickly and independently support senior leadership in the preparation of all documents and materials required on a regular or ad-hoc basis.
- Ability to proofread to assess accuracy, clarity, grammar, and format as well as safely archiving and retrieving all documents upon request.
- Ability to acquire and maintain Building Pass and Common Access Card. Must pass NCIC background check to obtain a Computer Access Card (CAC) and Building Pass.
Magellan Health Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled