Director, Pharmacy Rebate Operations
Albany NY 12203
Job DescriptionResponsible for overseeing the day-to-day activities of the Medicaid Rebate Operations function to ensure appropriate rebating and reconciliation of formulary prescription drugs. Primary duties include: ensuring all data is submitted by States, Manufacturers and clients in a timely and compliant manner; invoicing to manufacturers is done in accordance with contractual terms and according to CMS policies; and reconciling rebate payments from manufacturers and calculating payment invoices to health plans. All job duties and responsibilities must be carried out in compliance with applicable legal and regulatory requirements.
- Manages the Medicaid rebate operations team to ensure that program administration processes and procedures are efficient, effective and in compliance with all contractual obligations. This includes providing support during rebate client contract negotiations; conducting periodic reviews of documents such as contracts, payment reconciliations, invoices and utilization data to ensure accuracy and completeness and maximize top-line revenue potential for the client. Oversees the preparation of quarter end utilization submission packages to the clients for over 50 programs.
- Coordinates the eRebate on-going with the help of the supervisors to ensure that each client is presented with a single point of contact to address any issues or concerns. Identifies on-going staff training and development opportunities to support continuous improvement and exceptional customer service.
- Oversees the development, implementation and migration efforts by providing specifications to ensure that it meets current needs of client base, consistent with strategic goals. Works with company?s IT Administration, third-party developer, and company management to drive development and utilization of the eRebate system to ensure necessary changes are implemented at the best cost and time. Working with the Account Management and Trade Relations teams, ensures mission critical reporting and business intelligence is being developed and delivered in eRebate.
- Responsible for implementation and maintenance of processes to streamline the data flow. Serves as point of contact to internal departments of the company, including participating in internal and external audits.
- Participates and leads (as appropriate) in the development of internal and external analytical tools to better manage rebate operations and support the client. Contributes to the RFP process as well as attending perspective client presentations when necessary.
General Job Information
TitleDirector, Pharmacy Rebate Operations
Job FamilyFinance Group
CountryUnited States of America
FLSA StatusUnited States of America (Exempt)
Recruiting Start Date2/6/2019
Date Requisition Created2/6/2019
EducationBachelors: Business Administration (Required), Bachelors: Finance (Required), Masters
License and Certifications - Required
License and Certifications - Preferred
Other Job Requirements
ResponsibilitiesExperience in highly analytical environment. Knowledge of healthcare and PBM data. Ability to lead and manage others in a team environment. Technical proficiency and understanding of relational databases (Oracle, SQL Server and MS Access) and large data structures. Proficient in MS Excel. Ability to translate data into clear and meaningful reports. Ability to implement methods to assess accuracy of data extraction and data manipulation process. Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to establish relationships with new health plan clients and pharmaceutical manufacturer partners as well as nurture relationships with existing clients/manufacturers.Prior experience in Data Analytics, Health Plan Payor, or PBM required.Experience interacting with clients or sales prospects.
Magellan Health Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled
Top 5 reasons to work at Magellan
Meaningful Work With People Who Care
At Magellan Health you can do meaningful work and feel confident that you matter in an organization that makes a real difference in the world - one that cares deeply and uses its employees’ collective insight as a competitive advantage.Read More
We are Compassionately Curious
Magellan Health is a place where we listen with real empathy. It’s one of our biggest strengths. It helps us to support each other and develop innovative solutions for the fastest growing, most complex areas of healthcare.Read More
We are Better Together
We rely on our innate ability to work as a high-functioning collaborative team to facilitate compassionate care to all of our members. With such interdependency comes trust, challenge and innovation.Read More
We believe work and life should flow together in unison. We offer resources that match your professional development, a culture that welcomes your ideas, and unparalleled flexibility to fit work around your life.Read More
Be your best at Magellan Health. We’re a collective of remarkably motivated and driven professionals. As a team, we’re proud of the high standards we set for each other and we’re continually inspired to do our best work.Read More
When you sayLife @ Magellan
To be the best you have to work with the bestWe hear you