Job DescriptionThe Product Manager is responsible for supporting Magellan’s product leads through coordination with internal and external partners, managing day-to-day product functions, and supporting product management throughout the organization. The Product Manager is responsible for supporting product maintenance and innovation for Magellan Health’s Musculoskeletal, Physical Medicine or other Products. This individual also coordinates with strategic partners to serve as a liaison, facilitate coordination, and manage product development deliverables.
- Understands department, segment, and organizational strategy and operating objectives, including their linkages to related areas.
- Makes decisions regarding own work methods, occasionally in ambiguous situations, and requires minimal direction and receives guidance where needed.
- Builds and manages relationships with key business partners from varies areas in the organization.
- Thinks strategically, and creatively, about how the consumer experience should work, translating a vision to processes and requirements.
- Navigates and influences multiple cross-functional teams in a complex, matrix work environment.
- Supports the development of market and sales strategies and value proposition.
- Manages cross-segment projects and initiatives that require problem solving, relationship building, influencing and analyzing.
- Works with the assigned product leads to coordinate with matrix partners and consultants, develop presentations, and research market trends.
- Supports product innovation across products to improve efficiency and enhance existing products; examples include digital innovation, provider profiling, and network strategy.
- Provides end to end product development support for assigned products and coordinates with multi-disciplinary teams for execution.
- Manages content development including agendas, PowerPoint presentations, project plans, and graphics.
- Coordinates with internal SMEs and technical staff on systems migration for specialty products.
- Assesses market competition by comparing the company's product to competitors' products.
- Manages the product roadmap, coordinates product trainings, and supports content management with cross-functional partners including marketing, proposals, and training.
- Builds trusted and valuable relationships, supported by great communication skills with the operations, project management, analytics, and technical teams to ensure a successful and coordinated product development process, including working through development dependencies.
- Supports the development of metrics and tracking mechanisms to measure product performance.
- Provides support for product leadership as needed.
General Job Information
TitleProduct Development Manager
Job FamilyMarketing Group
CountryUnited States of America
FLSA StatusUnited States of America (Exempt)
Recruiting Start Date2/5/2019
Date Requisition Created2/1/2019
EducationBachelors (Required), Masters
License and Certifications - Required
License and Certifications - Preferred
Other Job Requirements
- Bachelor's degree
- Minimum of three years of healthcare experience
- Highly organized, detail-oriented individual with a can-do attitude
- Strategic and innovative thinker with experience developing and managing products
- Experienced in planning, project management, competitive analysis
- Strength in designing PowerPoint presentations from concept to visual depiction
- Experience in a managed care or population health organization preferred
Prior experience working across multiple business groups
- Experience managing small to medium projects
- Strong attention to detail, timeliness
- Ability to work independently
Master’s Degree preferred
Magellan Health Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled
Top 5 reasons to work at Magellan
Meaningful Work With People Who Care
At Magellan Health you can do meaningful work and feel confident that you matter in an organization that makes a real difference in the world - one that cares deeply and uses its employees’ collective insight as a competitive advantage.Read More
We are Compassionately Curious
Magellan Health is a place where we listen with real empathy. It’s one of our biggest strengths. It helps us to support each other and develop innovative solutions for the fastest growing, most complex areas of healthcare.Read More
We are Better Together
We rely on our innate ability to work as a high-functioning collaborative team to facilitate compassionate care to all of our members. With such interdependency comes trust, challenge and innovation.Read More
We believe work and life should flow together in unison. We offer resources that match your professional development, a culture that welcomes your ideas, and unparalleled flexibility to fit work around your life.Read More
Be your best at Magellan Health. We’re a collective of remarkably motivated and driven professionals. As a team, we’re proud of the high standards we set for each other and we’re continually inspired to do our best work.Read More
When you sayLife @ Magellan
To be the best you have to work with the bestWe hear you