Maryland Heights MO 63043 St Louis 1 14100 Magellan Plaza
Job DescriptionFacilitates department workflow by supporting clinical team with various care coordination workflows. Locates community services and other referral locations for enrollees, arranges access to care, supports communication with hospitals, and providers.
- Provides non-clinical support to workflows involving utilization management, case management, disease management, and health promotion. Trouble shoots for the clinical team when an appropriate provider, type of service, or appropriate level of care cannot be readily found. Researches availability of community services in order to link members to appropriate services. Assists in transitions in care for hospitalized patients and makes appropriate placements as needed.
- Assumes responsibility for self-development and career progression. Proactively seeks and participates in ongoing training (formal and informal) in all aspects of the Care Worker role. Assists in the mentoring and training of new Care Workers. Remains responsible for updating self on ever changing information to ensure accuracy when dealing with members and providers.
- Coordinates and manages distribution of correspondence and materials to enrollees and providers.
- Participates in operational activities, including data collection, tracking, and analysis.
Bachelor's in Social Work is strongly preferred
General Job Information
Job FamilyClinical Services Group
CountryUnited States of America
FLSA StatusUnited States of America (Non-Exempt)
Recruiting Start Date12/4/2018
Date Requisition Created11/28/2018
EducationHigh School (Required)
License and Certifications - Required
License and Certifications - Preferred
Other Job Requirements
ResponsibilitiesExperience in a managed care environment, integrated medical and behavioral health care and/or training in chronic pain management.
- Understanding of plan benefit structures, psychiatric/medical terminology, and local communication resources.
- For roles supporting the Chronic Pain Management SBU, understanding of Chronic Pain Management guidelines and workflows is also required.
Magellan Health Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled
“I receive a high level of support from our Senior Management Team to execute on our vision. They are always accessible and approachable, something I’ve found to be very unique to Magellan.”