Manager, Underwriting - Remote Opportunity
Job DescriptionResponsible for the development of financial and programmatic cost models. This position will work with various departments within the company as well with employees within the finance department. Oversees all financial aspects of the underwriting process.
- Reviews and analyzes Request for Proposals (RFPs) to identify all program, service and financial requirements.
- Develops and completes underwriting models and pricing proposals for RFPs.
- Provides pricing guidance for renewals.
- Develops and periodically recalibrates the pricing approach and strategy for the portfolio.
- Owns underwriting policy and guidance.
- Collaborates with the Operations Finance team on the development of pricing for new products and solutions.
- Applies underwriting procedures to new and existing business.
- Achieves overall corporate financial goals by applying appropriate pricing methodologies.
- Analyzes claims detail data from multiple in-house claims processing systems, as well as analyzing external claims data in various formats.
- Meets deadlines and assist with the fulfillment of financial requirements for RFPs which entails review, analysis, development of underwriting models and pricing, completion of all required RFP underwriting and pricing documentation, periodic recalibration and updating of underwriting model assumptions and cost drivers and development of pricing strategies.
- Develops and owns underwriting and pricing policies and guidance and collaborate with the SBU and Corporate Underwriting on both strategic direction and pricing/underwriting parameters to be considered within the process.
General Job Information
TitleManager, Underwriting - Remote Opportunity
Job FamilyFinance Group
CountryUnited States of America
FLSA StatusUnited States of America (Exempt)
Recruiting Start Date1/23/2019
Date Requisition Created1/23/2019
EducationBachelors (Required), Masters
License and Certifications - Required
License and Certifications - PreferredCPA - Certified Public Accountant - Enterprise
Other Job Requirements
- 1-2 years experience in Pharmacy Benefits Management (PBM), pricing/analytics.
- Comprehensive understanding of PBM products, revenue levers and cost drivers to creatively recommend pricing that is market competitive while meeting financial goals of Magellan.
- Knowledge of underwriting principles in a managed care environment.
- Excellent written and communication skills.
- Ability to self-start and work independently.
- Good analytical, reasoning and problem solving skills.
- Strong organizational skills and must be able to adhere to strict deadlines.
- Willingness to learn new product lines and adapt to changing environment.
- Strong working knowledge Microsoft Office Product suite, specifically Excel, and experience with managing large data sets with tools such as MS Access.
- Actuarial pricing experience required.
Magellan Health Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled
Top 5 reasons to work at Magellan
Meaningful Work With People Who Care
At Magellan Health you can do meaningful work and feel confident that you matter in an organization that makes a real difference in the world - one that cares deeply and uses its employees’ collective insight as a competitive advantage.Read More
We are Compassionately Curious
Magellan Health is a place where we listen with real empathy. It’s one of our biggest strengths. It helps us to support each other and develop innovative solutions for the fastest growing, most complex areas of healthcare.Read More
We are Better Together
We rely on our innate ability to work as a high-functioning collaborative team to facilitate compassionate care to all of our members. With such interdependency comes trust, challenge and innovation.Read More
We believe work and life should flow together in unison. We offer resources that match your professional development, a culture that welcomes your ideas, and unparalleled flexibility to fit work around your life.Read More
Be your best at Magellan Health. We’re a collective of remarkably motivated and driven professionals. As a team, we’re proud of the high standards we set for each other and we’re continually inspired to do our best work.Read More
When you sayLife @ Magellan
To be the best you have to work with the bestWe hear you