Data and Reporting Analyst I
Blue Ash OH 45242
Job DescriptionJob Profile Summary
Provides data collection, data management, data analysis and reporting, and decision management tool design and development. Responsible for interfacing with IT to ensure utilization and effective use of IT sponsored tools. Provide basic programming and technical skills to support data management and reporting requirements.
- Works with designated department to assess, define, and develop report deliverables to meet internal and customer requirements.
- Designs appropriate data repository and reporting tools that will be used to organize, analyze, and report data.
- Queries data bases to extract information needed to develop reports.
- Compiles data and other information from multiple data sources.
- Supports the development of standard reports.
- Interprets, analyzes and provides recommendations regarding data accuracy and data collection needs and processes.
- Works with business unit(s) to identify opportunities to enhance existing and to develop new data information processes and tools.
- Continuously assesses and improves data collection and reporting processes.
- Coordinates or independently completes special projects.
- Assists staff members with more complex and detailed projects including root cause analyses, trended reporting and analyses which support continuous quality improvement leading to actionable information.
- Participates and supports staff training related to data collection and reporting.
- Other duties as assigned.
General Job Information
TitleData and Reporting Analyst II
Job FamilyGeneral Services Group
CountryUnited States of America
FLSA StatusUnited States of America (Exempt)
Recruiting Start Date10/8/2018
Date Requisition Created10/8/2018
License and Certifications - Required
License and Certifications - Preferred
Other Job Requirements
ResponsibilitiesMinimum 3 years of experience with the practical uses and applications of healthcare data.Demonstrated ability to translate business-driven data needs into technical data/programming approach including proper aggregation and normalization of medical and pharmacy data. Ability to effectively communicate complex data/ideas to all levels of management. Experience manipulating large data setsMedicaid knowledgeWorking knowledge of Microsoft Access, SAS, SQL, BI, COGNOS preferred. Excellent quantitative, problem-solving and analytic skills. Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Magellan Health Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled