Lead Application Developer
Scottsdale AZ 85260 Scottsdale 1 15950 North 76th Street
Job DescriptionMicrosoft SQL Server, SSIS, SSRS developer and team leader.
Serves as expert technical and industry resource to management, clients and development staff in new uses of information technology in all phases of major system and subsystem development. Provides consultation on internal and industry IT technical and business domain process capabilities including leadership in the identification and recommendation of new IT opportunities and business operations as it relates to application development. Formulates, contributes to, and directs task identification, work effort estimates, and work schedules for research, prototype, and proof-of-concept IT activities. Directs and participates in all aspects of development tasks including data management, application architecture and business architecture. Provides guidance to staff on complex assignments and mentors on new technologies.
- Participates in and may direct the analysis and definition of efficient, cost effective application solutions which support client business processes and functional requirements.
- Provides engineering and architectural leadership to multiple, cross-disciplinary projects. May lead a small team of developers.
- Researches, finds, and evaluates new technology. Determines the best technologies to use for our environment considering future direction, risk, consistency and R.O.I.. Takes into account the technology changes have taken place over the years, and helps project the trends for the future.
- Trains and mentors programming staff on use of new technologies.
- Conducts client interviews to perform analysis of client business processes and functional requirements. Prepares appropriate documentation to communicate and validate the information.
- Participates in and may lead IT forums, technology assessments, industry research, and other projects as needed.
- Prepares and conducts presentations of various work products and IT technology directions and strategies.
- Review, creates, and/or revises internal IT standards and procedures.
- Performs other duties as required.
General Job Information
TitleLead Application Developer
Job FamilyInfo Technology Group
CountryUnited States of America
FLSA StatusUnited States of America (Exempt)
Recruiting Start Date1/17/2019
Date Requisition Created1/17/2019
EducationBachelors: Computer and Information Science (Required)
License and Certifications - Required
License and Certifications - Preferred
Other Job Requirements
- Minimum of 10 years of programming and analysis experience in required systems.
- Proficient in UNIX / Korn-Shell Scripting, Oracle/SQL Querying (understanding an Oracle database and ability to write queries), PL/SQL Programming (packages, stored procedures and functions) and experience using TOAD or SQL Developer Software.
- ndustry experience in managed care, healthcare or insurance.
- Experience in PERL Scripting.
Magellan Health Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled
Top 5 reasons to work at Magellan
Meaningful Work With People Who Care
At Magellan Health you can do meaningful work and feel confident that you matter in an organization that makes a real difference in the world - one that cares deeply and uses its employees’ collective insight as a competitive advantage.Read More
We are Compassionately Curious
Magellan Health is a place where we listen with real empathy. It’s one of our biggest strengths. It helps us to support each other and develop innovative solutions for the fastest growing, most complex areas of healthcare.Read More
We are Better Together
We rely on our innate ability to work as a high-functioning collaborative team to facilitate compassionate care to all of our members. With such interdependency comes trust, challenge and innovation.Read More
We believe work and life should flow together in unison. We offer resources that match your professional development, a culture that welcomes your ideas, and unparalleled flexibility to fit work around your life.Read More
Be your best at Magellan Health. We’re a collective of remarkably motivated and driven professionals. As a team, we’re proud of the high standards we set for each other and we’re continually inspired to do our best work.Read More
When you sayLife @ Magellan
To be the best you have to work with the bestWe hear you