VP, Sales, Employer Market
Scottsdale AZ 85260 Scottsdale 1 15950 North 76th Street
Job DescriptionThis position has overall responsibility for attaining strategic business units (SBUs) annual growth goal. Accountable for the development, execution and management of sales and marketing strategies to drive revenue growth for assigned SBU. This includes development of segment and product specific marketing plans; leadership on sales strategy including growth into new segments; proposal development; and competitive positioning. Responsible to plan, increase and expand on business opportunities to market and sell services and products by overseeing the solicitation of and response to RFPs, as well as overseeing the sales support team. Develops marketing plans, campaigns and strategies designed to achieve sales targets.
- Drive SBU in pursuing and successfully securing new customers, as well as expanding services across existing customers of other SBU clients. Solicit and respond to RFPs, coordinate and/or lead finalist presentations and site visits. Lead proposal development to assure optimum and strategic positioning of Magellan programs and service capabilities. Develop annual sales plans to achieve strategic and tactical SBU sales growth objectives by prospects and suspects.
- Assess market dynamics; develop and execute a sales growth strategy based on market trends, Magellan capabilities, competitive environment, and segment growth forecast. Direct development of product- and market-specific sales and marketing plans that enhance revenue growth and reflect current public policy and trends, as well as government priorities (if applicable). Work with Segment Leader and other members of the leadership team to ensure sales and marketing priorities dovetail with operations capabilities and resources.
- Using Market Opportunity Customer and Analysis (MOCA) data, create actionable sales targets (level 1 and level 2) with defined cultivation, marketing and development plans. Conduct routine Sales Summit meetings with key matrix partners to ensure alignment within the organization.
- Actively follow defined sales process and utilize sales effectiveness tools and reporting.
- Direct development of robust sales pipeline in assigned lines of business. Forecast annual and quarterly revenue streams from new business and work with Sales Operations to create aggressive attainable sales goals. Participate in the development of effective tracking and reporting tools to maintain accurate status of sales against target.
- Work with Product Innovation team to support identification and development of product and service offerings, including definition of customer needs, product features, pricing and distribution strategy. Facilitate development of related marketing collateral.
- Develop and maintain external relationships with c-suite decision-makers throughout assigned territory to ensure Magellan's brand is widely disseminated and understood.
- Provide direct input to marketing for the development of comprehensive competitor tracking function, including identification of current and future competitors by line of business; competitive book of business; organizational structure; staff changes; product line; features / benefits; etc. Ensure competitive profiles are accurate and up-to-date and competitive positioning/branding is on target.
- Educate executive management and senior operations team regarding overall marketing priorities, business development strategy and contract-specific tactics for large/complex opportunities.
- Act as an executive resource at professional and industry events, including conferences, professional forums, health fairs, etc.
- Additional duties as assigned by management.
General Job Information
TitleVP, Sales, Employer Market
Job FamilySales Group
CountryUnited States of America
FLSA StatusUnited States of America (Exempt)
Recruiting Start Date1/14/2019
Date Requisition Created1/14/2019
EducationBachelors (Required), Masters
License and Certifications - Required
License and Certifications - Preferred
Other Job Requirements
- Excellent analytical, organizational and communication skills (written and verbal).
- Strong sales presentation and negotiation skills.
- Detail oriented.
- Ability to prioritize workload effectively within a fast-paced, time sensitive and results oriented environment.
- 5-8 years Health Care Sales/Account Management required.
Magellan Health Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled
Top 5 reasons to work at Magellan
Meaningful Work With People Who Care
At Magellan Health you can do meaningful work and feel confident that you matter in an organization that makes a real difference in the world - one that cares deeply and uses its employees’ collective insight as a competitive advantage.Read More
We are Compassionately Curious
Magellan Health is a place where we listen with real empathy. It’s one of our biggest strengths. It helps us to support each other and develop innovative solutions for the fastest growing, most complex areas of healthcare.Read More
We are Better Together
We rely on our innate ability to work as a high-functioning collaborative team to facilitate compassionate care to all of our members. With such interdependency comes trust, challenge and innovation.Read More
We believe work and life should flow together in unison. We offer resources that match your professional development, a culture that welcomes your ideas, and unparalleled flexibility to fit work around your life.Read More
Be your best at Magellan Health. We’re a collective of remarkably motivated and driven professionals. As a team, we’re proud of the high standards we set for each other and we’re continually inspired to do our best work.Read More
When you sayLife @ Magellan
To be the best you have to work with the bestWe hear you