VP, Network Expansion
Job DescriptionAs a primary focus, this role will partner with Magellan’s business development teams to ensure provider networks meet customer expectations to meet Magellan’s growth strategy.
- Oversees network expansion efforts to ensure the networks minimally meet adequacy requirements and overall marketability to consumers.
- Responds to customer’s requests-for-proposals.
- Represents Magellan’s provider team in finalist presentations with prospective clients.
- Creates and implements strategies to build cost-effective networks in green-field territories through the use and management of external consultants combined with internal associates.
General Job Information
TitleVP, Network Expansion
Job FamilyOperations Group
CountryUnited States of America
FLSA StatusUnited States of America (Exempt)
Recruiting Start Date1/29/2019
Date Requisition Created1/29/2019
License and Certifications - Required
License and Certifications - Preferred
Other Job Requirements
- Strong track record of building provider relationships and expanding business opportunities within a regional geography
- Prior operational leadership experience within both managed care and provider environments, with comprehensive knowledge of health plan finance and the reimbursement arrangements between health plans and providers
- Current perspective regarding payment reform initiatives and their impact on payer/provider business models is required, as it the ability to effectively articulate a strategy or value proposition to professionals across the continuum of health care business entities
- Medicaid, Medicare and Commercial behavioral health managed care experience is essential
- Experience building and managing relationships with a wide variety of providers
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience developing forward thinking provider agreements
- Bachelor's degree in related field
Magellan Health Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled