Billing Specialist I - Glen Allen, VA
Glen Allen VA 23060 Suite 500
Job DescriptionResponsible for timely and accurate client record maintenance. Support Client Billing and remittance. Research and resolve questions, complaints and grievances and ensure information in all databases is accurate and properly configured to support operations and properly record revenue. Support Management by communicating report results through meetings/e-mails to help mitigate revenue risks. Record all contracting information regarding billing and adheres to Sarbanes Oxley Policies for Employer Solutions.
- Ensures Billing System is updated timely, appropriately and accurately to support accurate Client Remittance and proper revenue recognition for assigned Clients including all new business. Ensures timely deliver of billing cycled invoices to Clients.
- Fee for Service spreadsheet preparation for billing and including the individual billing to all customers.
- Researches and responds in a professional and timely manner to inquiries from both clients and other Internal Staff.
- Researches information regarding complex inquiries, develops solutions, and communicates professionally the outcome by telephone and in writing. Communicates with Account Executives to ensure that Client data is gathered in a timely manner.
- Responds to client/account management requests to update/change client information and ensures that all changes are made within operational guidelines and accurately support all other system related functions.
- Follows through on additional requests/projects as requested by Management.
General Job Information
TitleBilling Specialist I - Glen Allen, VA
Job FamilyFinance Group
CountryUnited States of America
FLSA StatusUnited States of America (Non-Exempt)
Recruiting Start Date1/25/2019
Date Requisition Created1/25/2019
EducationAssociates, GED (Required), High School (Required)
License and Certifications - Required
License and Certifications - Preferred
Other Job Requirements
- 1+ Years Accounts Receivable experience including Billing, Reconciliations, and Collections.
- Intermediate level MS Excel, Ten-Key by touch, must be detail oriented, decipher contract language, and compute billing adjustments manually.
- Solomon Experience a plus.
Magellan Health Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled
Top 5 reasons to work at Magellan
Meaningful Work With People Who Care
At Magellan Health you can do meaningful work and feel confident that you matter in an organization that makes a real difference in the world - one that cares deeply and uses its employees’ collective insight as a competitive advantage.Read More
We are Compassionately Curious
Magellan Health is a place where we listen with real empathy. It’s one of our biggest strengths. It helps us to support each other and develop innovative solutions for the fastest growing, most complex areas of healthcare.Read More
We are Better Together
We rely on our innate ability to work as a high-functioning collaborative team to facilitate compassionate care to all of our members. With such interdependency comes trust, challenge and innovation.Read More
We believe work and life should flow together in unison. We offer resources that match your professional development, a culture that welcomes your ideas, and unparalleled flexibility to fit work around your life.Read More
Be your best at Magellan Health. We’re a collective of remarkably motivated and driven professionals. As a team, we’re proud of the high standards we set for each other and we’re continually inspired to do our best work.Read More
When you sayLife @ Magellan
To be the best you have to work with the bestWe hear you