Manager, Recovery and Resiliency Services
Newtown PA 18940
Job DescriptionResponsible for overseeing and guiding the role, knowledge, practice, and activities of Recovery Support Navigators within Care Management Center (CMC) or Health Plan. Acts as a role model for healthy behaviors and lifestyles across the membership and among clinical professionals. Facilitates training for peers and provides expertise for individual and group activities.
- Builds partnerships with individuals, families, youth and key stakeholders to promote recovery, resiliency and wellness. Communicates and collaborates with members and families to identify concerns and remove barriers that affect service delivery or member satisfaction
- Provides technical assistance and consultation to CMC/HP senior staff and members customers regarding the development and implementation of consumer-run recovery services, including peer support services. Researches administrative and reimbursement policies that promote and eliminate barriers to consumer-run services. Conducts member focus groups to determine strengths and opportunities for improvement at CMCs/HPs
- Establishes structure and mechanisms to increase the member and family voice in areas of leadership, service delivery and decision making committees and boards
- Administers and oversees pilot programs that promote consumer-run and recovery initiatives. Assist in replicating innovative programs across provider agencies. Advocates for service environments that are supporting, welcoming and recovery-oriented by implementing Trauma Informed Care service delivery approaches and other initiatives
- Provides support to consumer peer specialists. Sponsors periodic conference calls for peer specialists, for training and support.
- Assists leadership and other CMC/HP staff involved in transforming provider network to be aligned with principles of recovery, resiliency and wellness and rehabilitation. Assists with developing ongoing training programs for Magellan staff as well as for staff at network provider agencies, including on-line training modules, conferences, etc.
- Keeps informed of national, regional and local trends and developments regarding recovery, wellness, and consumer-directed initiatives. Serves as Magellan’s key liaison to local mental health advocacy groups; works closely with these agencies on major campaigns such as mental health parity, anti-stigma, etc.
- Assists in developing and implementing locally culturally competent recovery oriented programs, and conduct outreach to historically underserved populations.
General Job Information
TitleManager, Recovery and Resiliency Services
Job FamilyClinical Services Group
CountryUnited States of America
FLSA StatusUnited States of America (Exempt)
Recruiting Start Date1/18/2019
Date Requisition Created1/18/2019
EducationA Combination of Education and Work Experience May Be Considered. (Required), Bachelors: Public Health (Required), Masters
License and Certifications - RequiredCPRS/CPS/CPSS/CRPS/PRSS, Peer Specialist, State Requirements - Care Mgmt
License and Certifications - Preferred
Other Job Requirements
- Must be a self-identified current or former user of mental health/substance abuse or co-occurring services who can relate to others who are now using those services.
- Membership or leadership positions in advocacy organizations, self-help organizations, associations for psychiatric rehabilitation, or technical assistance centers.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Product Suite.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be able to work effectively and prioritize in a fast-paced environment in order to meet the demands of the organization.
- Understanding of wellness strategies, coping skills and collaborative process.
- History of leadership in mental health advocacy.
Magellan Health Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled
“I receive a high level of support from our Senior Management Team to execute on our vision. They are always accessible and approachable, something I’ve found to be very unique to Magellan.”