National Medical Economics Analyst - Remote Opportunity
Job DescriptionResponsible for leading and facilitating the analytics, decision support, and research functions of the assigned department.
- Creates, analyzes, and distributes monthly, quarterly and annual reports and analyses for required reporting activities. Extracts, prepares, analyzes, validates and presents data for standard and ad hoc reporting.
- Interprets, analyzes, and makes recommendations regarding data accuracy and data collection needs and processes. Develops and implements plans, and proactively seeks ways to enhance overall unit reporting needs and abilities.
- Facilitates reporting efforts, by utilizing SQL or other related data query tools, in order to generate reports or retrieve data from the company's data warehouse and other distributed databases.
- Coordinates application enhancements and edits to promote data quality with the IT department.
- Mentors peers and co-workers as appropriate.
- Plays a lead role in prioritizing and coordinating projects and report development efforts.
- Provides direction and coordination for the tracking and analyses of audit findings and report generation.
General Job Information
TitleNational Medical Economics Analyst - Remote Opportunity
Job FamilyGeneral Services Group
CountryUnited States of America
FLSA StatusUnited States of America (Exempt)
Recruiting Start Date1/24/2019
Date Requisition Created1/21/2019
EducationBachelors: Business Administration (Required), Bachelors: Computer and Information Science (Required), Bachelors: Information Technology (Required), Bachelors: Mathematics (Required), Masters
License and Certifications - Required
License and Certifications - Preferred
Other Job Requirements
- 7 or more years of experience performing statistical analysis and the use of statistical packages required.
- Statistics, research, information systems or health services related field, such as Public Health, Health Science, Psychology, with reporting and analytical emphasis, research evaluation and/or experimental design.
- Strong writing, verbal communication and presentation skills essential.
- Strong leadership, process improvement, time management, and project management skills.
- Must be able to manage multiple tasks.
- Must be able to provide accurate estimates of work effort and deliver results within a committed timeframe.
- Must be able to work independently and with minimal supervision.
- Requires strong expertise in MS Excel and relational database such as MS Access and other database management (MS SQL) and reporting tools. Ability to use reporting software such as Actuate, Cognos, Crystal reports, SAS, or other.
- Ability to query the company's data warehouse and/or department systems in response to data requests.
Magellan Health Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled