Intern - Finance - Strategic Sourcing
Maryland Heights MO 63043 St Louis 1 14100 Magellan Plaza
Job DescriptionTHIS IS AN INTERNSHIP POSITION!
ONLY UNDERGRADUATE STUDENTS CURRENTLY ENROLLED ARE BEING CONSIDERED.
This position will be responsible for assisting with day to day Purchasing activities and specific Strategic Sourcing projects designated to improve departmental functions. In this role the Strategic Sourcing Intern will provide support for sourcing projects, project implementations, purchasing operations and documentation. The Strategic Sourcing Intern will present findings and results of their internship to Senior Strategic Sourcing and Finance Staff outlining their conclusions of the projects.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Complete special projects as assigned including all appropriate documentation of the final results
• Recommend and document process improvements for Corporate Procurement based on course work, education and experiences
• Assist Purchasing Operations to learn the fundamentals of a purchasing operation
• Assist the Contracts team to learn the fundamentals of the contracting process
• Assist the Sourcing team with sourcing events, vendor research, establishing bid specifications and strategies, and analysis of vendor proposals to learn the fundamentals of the sourcing process
• Document and make a presentation to Strategic Sourcing and Finance staff outlining conclusions of intern projects.
Employee Competency Related Criteria:
• Ability to communicate effectively verbally and written
• Demonstrates customer services skills
• Displays leadership qualities
• Technically savvy
• Must be legally able to work in the U.S. without current or future sponsorship
• 3.2 GPA
• Only open to a Sophomore, Junior or Senior; Pursuing a degree in Supply Chain Management or equivalent.
General Job Information
TitleIntern - Finance - Strategic Sourcing
Job FamilyGeneral Services Group
CountryUnited States of America
FLSA StatusUnited States of America (Non-Exempt)
Recruiting Start Date1/24/2019
Date Requisition Created1/24/2019
EducationHigh School (Required)
License and Certifications - Required
License and Certifications - Preferred
Other Job Requirements
Magellan Health Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled