Glen Allen VA 23060 Suite 500
Job DescriptionWorks closely with various departments to develop quality, professional documentation for various audiences across multiple lines of business (e.g., Medicaid, Medicare, Commercial, and Specialty). Provides superior customer service and products in a timely and collaborative manner within a fast-paced work environment.
* Analyze requests to determine the scope, audience, and priority.
* Collaborate with internal customers (e.g., Clinical Account Managers, Project Managers,
Trainers, and subject matter experts) to brand, write, edit, format, and post
documentation for Magellan staff and external clients.
* Support documentation that includes, but is not limited to, standard operating procedures
(SOPs), flowcharts, job aids and user manuals, clinical drug information, reference material
for Contact Center agents and pharmacists, newsletter articles, and fillable electronic prior authorization forms.
* Ensure that the central documentation repository is updated with new and revised
documentation and posted, when necessary, to Magellan’s intranet site.
* Maintain records of all documentation requests and approvals.
* Other duties as assigned.
* Proficient using Microsoft Office suite
* Proficient creating and using Word templates, style sheets, and track changes
* Basic knowledge of Adobe Dreamweaver, Adobe Acrobat, HTML, Visio, and SharePoint preferred
Core Competencies and Aptitudes:
* Strong writing, editing, and interpersonal communication skills
* Proactive and positive team player
* Fast and willing learner
* Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with quick turnaround
* Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and work autonomously
* Ability to communicate regular status updates with supervision
* Keen attention to detail
General Job Information
Job FamilyGeneral Services Group
CountryUnited States of America
FLSA StatusUnited States of America (Exempt)
Recruiting Start Date1/21/2019
Date Requisition Created1/15/2019
License and Certifications - Required
License and Certifications - Preferred
Other Job Requirements
- Excellent writing skills with a focus on quality work.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks.
- Ability to analyze documentation to determine customer requirements.
- Ability to translate directions, processes, and customer requirements into effective learning tools for staff.
- Strong knowledge of adult learning theory, instructional design theory and models, learning styles, knowledge management practices and performance improvement models.
- Experience with graphic creation tools and learning management systems.
- Strong project management skills with ability to lead multiple projects with tight timeframes in a matrixed environment.
- Expert in use of Microsoft Products including Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Experience with e-learning tools/solutions.
- Minimum 3 years' experience in managed healthcare with knowledge and experience writing and documenting detailed procedures.
- 2+ years of instructional design experience with proven ability to design and build innovative, creative content, including online programs, job aids and instructor materials.
Magellan Health Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled