Information Systems Auditor - St. Louis, MO
Maryland Heights MO 63043 St Louis 1 14100 Magellan Plaza
Job DescriptionThis position contributes to the mission of the Internal Audit function by promoting and ensuring an effective control environment through professional Information Systems/Technology (IS/IT) audits, awareness and education and consultation services. This role participates in audits to ensure the adequacy of IS/IT controls, information security, integrity of IT assets, and compliance with corporate and legal requirements. This role conducts moderate complexity reviews or assists with more complex reviews of assigned information technology, organizational, compliance and activities. Evaluates the adequacy and effectiveness of the controls over the activities reviewed. Report findings to business management and recommend necessary corrective action and process improvements. Contributes to the success of the internal audit team by supporting the efforts and objectives of the audit team. Displays teamwork, integrity and leadership. Supports colleagues and value others’ contributions. Fosters an efficient, innovative and team-oriented work environment.
- Develops test plans and methodologies to evaluate and audit information technology controls in accordance with Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Audit, published by the IIA, and the General Standards for Information Systems Auditing, published by ISACA.
- Performs detailed test work. This includes work plan development, audit test execution, work paper creation, test result analysis, issue identification and reporting, and overall work paper quality.
- Enhances professional skills through development activities including certifications, training, and other methods of study.
- Develops an in-depth understanding of the function to be audited, and uses experience, strong analytical and critical thinking skills to identify risk and internal controls to improve process efficiency, effectiveness and security.
- Performs risk-based information security and IT infrastructure audits encompassing both technical and business process aspects in accordance with internal auditing standards. Ensures the effectiveness of internal controls and identifies opportunities for improvement.
- Participates in IT specific and integrated audits, as well as assists in other audit projects/tasks as requested by management.
- Applies knowledge of the managed care and health care industry and the regulatory environment that impacts managed care and collaborates with management to foster cooperation with and understanding of internal controls to improve qualitative and quantitative performance.
- Assesses the effectiveness of end-to-end processes (people, processes and technologies).
- Prepares concise documentation and audit reports, including recommendations to senior management for improvements with corrective action plans.
- Maintains current knowledge of regulatory environment impacting the health care and managed care industries, key risk areas as identified by government regulatory bodies (OIG, CMS, NYS DOH, etc.).
- Ensures projects are completed, on time and within budget.
- Other duties as assigned.
General Job Information
TitleInformation Systems Auditor - St. Louis, MO
Job FamilyFinance Group
CountryUnited States of America
FLSA StatusUnited States of America (Exempt)
Recruiting Start Date1/17/2019
Date Requisition Created1/3/2019
EducationBachelors: Information Technology (Required)
License and Certifications - Required
License and Certifications - PreferredCIA - Certified Internal Auditor - Enterprise, CISA - Certified Information Systems Auditor - Enterprise, CISM - Certified Information Systems Manager - Enterprise, CISSP - Certified Information Systems Security Professional - Enterprise
Other Job Requirements
- Bachelors degree in IT, Management Information Systems, Information Security or related field.
- 2-4 years of IS/IT internal audit experience in a large corporate setting or public accounting firm (Big Four preferred).
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to quickly learn new software applications/processes as needed.
- Some knowledge of IT and IT control concepts supporting various types of IT audits.
- One or more of the following Licenses/Certifications: CIA, CISA, CISM, CISSP.
- Experience in managed care or Pharmacy Benefit Management (PBM).
Magellan Health Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled
Top 5 reasons to work at Magellan
Meaningful Work With People Who Care
At Magellan Health you can do meaningful work and feel confident that you matter in an organization that makes a real difference in the world - one that cares deeply and uses its employees’ collective insight as a competitive advantage.Read More
We are Compassionately Curious
Magellan Health is a place where we listen with real empathy. It’s one of our biggest strengths. It helps us to support each other and develop innovative solutions for the fastest growing, most complex areas of healthcare.Read More
We are Better Together
We rely on our innate ability to work as a high-functioning collaborative team to facilitate compassionate care to all of our members. With such interdependency comes trust, challenge and innovation.Read More
We believe work and life should flow together in unison. We offer resources that match your professional development, a culture that welcomes your ideas, and unparalleled flexibility to fit work around your life.Read More
Be your best at Magellan Health. We’re a collective of remarkably motivated and driven professionals. As a team, we’re proud of the high standards we set for each other and we’re continually inspired to do our best work.Read More
When you sayLife @ Magellan
To be the best you have to work with the bestWe hear you