Business Intelligence Specialist
Job DescriptionAnalyzes, designs the framework for and participates in the development of business intelligence reports and other information objects. The primary focus of the job deals with Information Delivery and Data Analytic projects.
- Conducts code reviews of highly critical code or code which is using new technologies.
- Creates database tables and cubes utilizing academic methodology (normal forms) ensuring business smart resource allocation
- Creates frameworks to provide accurate information quickly to the organization.
- Analyzes, designs and builds reports and assists in the creation of data marts as needed.
- Designs user interfaces and dashboards using the Microsoft Business Intelligence Stack and .net architecture
- Establishes standards.
- Coordinates between teams to make sure best technology practices are understood and are being followed.
- Monitors ETL schedules and develops new ETLs to support new application and dashboard/information delivery
- Researches, finds, and evaluates new technology.
- Determines the best technologies to use for our environment considering future direction, risk, consistency and R.O.I..
- Takes into account the technology changes have taken place over the years, and helps project the trends for the future.
- Trains and mentors programming staff on use of new technologies.
- Responsible for large scale SQL development that drives cubes and information exchange for decision support applications and BI dashboards
- Interviews teams and organizational leads to develop business process design maps to support new BI projects
General Job Information
TitleBusiness Intelligence Specialist
Job FamilyGeneral Services Group
CountryUnited States of America
FLSA StatusUnited States of America (Exempt)
Recruiting Start Date1/17/2019
Date Requisition Created1/15/2019
License and Certifications - Required
License and Certifications - Preferred
Other Job Requirements
- Prefer experience using multiple databases and tools and using leading or bleeding edge technologies
- Prior experience as a programmer, Business Analyst or ETL specialist supporting large-scale data warehouse and reporting projects (2TB and above).
- Experience researching and implementing new technological solutions in a business setting.
- Familiarity with a broad range of database and Business Intelligence environments (IBM Cognos, Oracle and SQL Server database) being required.
- Working, hands-on knowledge of data warehousing and business intelligence concepts, including various forms of modeling (dimensional and relational) and warehousing strategies.
- The ability to quickly learn and apply new technologies while considering the business needs and direction.
Magellan Health Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled