Junior Military Personnel Specialist (Personnel Assistant I), FT POLK DHR
Fort Polk LA 71459 Fed 1716 3rd St.
Job DescriptionProvides Pay and Personnel Support Administrative Support Services (PASS) to all Recruits at the Recruit Training Command (RTC) and Naval Station Great Lakes at Great Lakes, IL. Mission-
Essential Functionsinclude Recruit Personnel Processing, Recruit Pay Processing, and Non-Recruit Accession Processing. May be assigned to major RTC PASS work centers, including include In-Processing, Out-Processing, and Separations.
- Serves as professional customer service specialist and responds to all inquiries, requests for assistance, and correspondence received from individuals and/or activities via walk-in, telephone, e-mail, electronic messages, correspondence or facsimile. Initiates service to all Recruits within five minutes of arrival in the customer service waiting area.
- Responds to inquiries from all other media. Coordinates with Government activities such as Command Pay and Personnel Administrator (CPPA) or servicing PSDs within the PASS to verify or correct Recruit information or change elections in personnel and pay.
- Receives hard-copy enlistment kits from CNRC upon arrival of each new Recruit and uploads required documents to external databases using applicable systems such as E-Submission and HP Trim in accordance with service directives. During the in-processing phase, accomplishes all personnel actions necessary to verify and correct the Recruit’s Electronic Service Record and OMPF, to include Enlisted Master File (EMF).
- Verifies the ESR and OMPF for every Recruit upon completion of the accession gain until the transfer from RTC to ensure accuracy.
- Corrects or updates the ESR and OMPF via applicable systems not later than the date of transfer from RTC. Initiates pay and personnel related transactions in NSIPS for each Recruit such as Basic Allowance for Housing (BAH), Family Separation Allowance (FSA), Cost of Living Allowance (COLA), and Dependency Application / Record of Emergency Data (NAVPERS 1070/602). Performs Miscellaneous Personnel Actions such as administering Recruit leave, completing personnel accounting actions, and processing disciplinary matters.
- Generates and maintains Transient Monitoring Tracking Reports (TMTR) for RTC using NSIPS Feedback Reports to identify Recruits that have transferred or separated. Annotates the TMTR to reflect Recruit losses and changes to Recruit personnel accounting status. Tracks Recruit transfer eligibility status in the transient pipeline, generates or receives Permanent Change of Station (PCS) orders, and effects Recruit transfers and separations. Obtains and tracks receipt of PCS orders, obtains missing PCS orders, requests orders modifications and cancels orders when required. Assembles and delivers a transfer package for Recruits transferring from RTC Great Lakes. Notifies Recruits of Physical Evaluation Board (PEB) findings diagnosed with a disqualifying medical condition, and provides discharge information to internal and external offices as requested. Accomplishes Activity Loss transaction in NSIPS and conducts Transfer briefings. Prepares DD Form 214, provides final pay computations, collects ID cards from separating recruits, and submits NSIPS strength loss transactions. Completes discharge actions by designating Recruits to be separated upon receipt of Separation Authority letters. Assigns Recruits to the Temporary Holding Unit (THU) when not transferred as part of a Recruit Division.
- Participates in and support the implementation of new ‘IT’ systems and /or enhancements as required.
General Job Information
TitleJunior Military Personnel Specialist (Personnel Assistant I), FT POLK DHR
Job FamilyFederal Contracts Group
CountryUnited States of America
FLSA StatusUnited States of America (Non-Exempt)
Recruiting Start Date1/15/2019
Date Requisition Created1/15/2019
EducationHigh School (Required)
License and Certifications - RequiredNotary Public - Valid in State - Enterprise
License and Certifications - Preferred
Other Job Requirements
Requires minimum of one (1) year experience in a military Customer Service environment, with HR background in any of the following disciplines: Military Pay, Military Personnel, Travel Claims or Navy Transportation. Substitutions for HR background can be from similar experience gained in either the private sector or other Federal Agency. Security requirement includes a favorably adjudicated Tier 3 investigation. Must complete Naval Education and Training Command (NETC) eLearning PAYPERS courses/modules within first 90 days of employment.
Magellan Health Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled