SVP, Internal Communications & Employee Experience - Remote Opportunity
Job DescriptionReporting to the Chief Human Resources Officer, this highly strategic role will lead a team that is charged with designing and implementing an internal communications strategy that reinforces the unique employee experience that is Magellan and serves as a platform for transformation. Using marketing principles and innovative/creative communication approaches, this strategy will engage and bring our culture, values and purpose to life for our employees.
- Works with senior executives and human resources to ensure internal communications and communication strategies are aligned and proactively drive our company values, our purpose, leadership philosophy, desired culture and employment brand.
- Understands short- and long-term business objectives and implements communications programs and processes to drive employee engagement and excitement towards achieving these objectives.
- Collaborates with lead communicators in individual business units and human resources to ensure smooth and seamless coordination of communication processes and messaging.
- Establishes a leadership communication strategy that fosters communication by leaders to employees and ensures messages are cascaded to all employees through their managers.
- Creates and manages the creation of content for all internal communications at the organization-wide level and ensures that it is aligned with our values and purpose and results in strong employee engagement and a positive employee experience.
- Uses multiple channels to communicate in ways that are customized by different employee persona for optimal engagement.
- Effectively leads and manages the internal communication team.
- Monitors key metrics to evaluate and design communication strategies for optimal effectiveness.
General Job Information
TitleSVP, Internal Communications & Employee Experience - Remote Opportunity
Job FamilyGeneral Services Group
CountryUnited States of America
FLSA StatusUnited States of America (Exempt)
Recruiting Start Date1/7/2019
Date Requisition Created1/7/2019
EducationBachelors (Required), Masters
License and Certifications - Required
License and Certifications - Preferred
Other Job Requirements
- Ten or more years of internal communications experience and/or public relations/marketing experience.
- A bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, public relations, marketing or a similar field is required, with an advanced degree preferred.
- Proven track record of developing and executing strategies that drive culture, leadership and organizational change at the front line, manager and executive-level leadership.
- Direct experience leading communications teams and growing strong talent.
- Excellent management, analytical and oral/written communication skills, attention to detail and strong business savvy.
- Responsible, proactive, independent thinker who is a “self-starter” and is passionate about developing a best-in-class internal communications function. Able to work cross-functionally to implement the necessary solution.
- A strategist capable of implementing long and short term integrated communication plans with a proven ability to lead through influence, flexibility and diplomacy.
- Must be technically competent, possess a strong work ethic and be capable of performing under pressure in pursuit of results.
- The candidate will have strong project management skills and the ability to manage multiple tasks and adjust priorities quickly and as needed.
- Appreciation for and ability to maintain confidentiality and demonstrate high ethical standards.
- Strong presence with executive leaders – capable of commanding the respect and credibility of those with whom he/she comes in contact with including senior executives both within the organization and within his/her business contacts.
- Innovator and forward thinker – questions the status quo.
- Works well with other cross-functional teams and is a valued member of the team.
Magellan Health Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled