Forensic Media Analyst (Computer Operator II), JPE
Dover AFB DE 19902 Fed2 122 Purple Heart Drive
Job DescriptionDuties: Responsible for providing support services for the Joint Personal Effects Depot (JPED) at Dover Air Force Base (AFB), DE. Provides services in support of the JPED mission to receive, safeguard, inventory, store, process, and make final disposition of Personal Effects (PE) of all fatalities resulting from overseas contingency operations (OCO) and all current deaths other than OCO that process through the Dover Port Mortuary as determined by the Armed Forces Medical Examiner (AFME), IAW Joint Pub 4-06 (Mortuary Affairs in Joint Operations) and Army Regulation (AR) 638-2 (Army Mortuary Affairs Program).Conducts digital forensic analysis, data recovery, and electronic discovery of Classified Material using forensic tools. Serves as digital forensics analyst at the JPED, using Forensic Recovery of Evidence Device (F.R.E.D) and recovery password tools. Conducts cell phone forensics examinations using cellbrite and XRY 6.2.2 tools. Performs full forensics examination and imaging of digital effects, conducting disassembly and reassembly of devices (laptops, smartphones, gaming consoles) for absence of classified material. Performs full data recovery and extraction of digital effects for deceased military service members utilizing advance forensics hardware/software tools. Performs low-level repair and troubleshooting on iOS devices and hard-disk to extract data and improve functionality in ensuring the absence of classified material. Performs detailed digital analytic reports on each forensics examination, as well as archiving of reports.Preferred working knowledge and/or experience with Virtual Private Networks (VPN) and IT support. Preferred experience with TANNER Scale Training. Preferred experience working with outside agencies such as F.B.I., N.C.I.S., C.I.D, and O.S.I. for matters that fall within the guidelines of criminal activity.
Security Requirement: SECRET Clearance
General Job Information
TitleForensic Media Analyst (Computer Operator II), JPE
Job FamilyFederal Contracts Group
CountryUnited States of America
FLSA StatusUnited States of America (Non-Exempt)
Recruiting Start Date1/1/2019
Date Requisition Created10/26/2018
EducationBachelors, High School (Required)
License and Certifications - RequiredSecret Security Clearance - Other
License and Certifications - Preferred
Other Job Requirements
- Working knowledge and/or experience with Virtual Private Networks (VPN) and IT support.
- Experience with TANNER Scale Training.
- Working with outside agencies such as F.B.I., N.C.I.S., C.I.D, and O.S.I. for matters that fall within the guidelines of criminal activity.
- One-year experience in computers or Automatic Data Processing systems.
- Familiar with Computer recovery systems (FRED II)
- Strong analytical and communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to work effectively across multiple agencies to accomplish project goals.
- Ability to work to project and task deadlines, in an outcomes-oriented environment.
Magellan Health Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled