Director of Risk Management and Contractual Compliance
Albuquerque NM 87113
Job DescriptionServes as compliance and privacy officer. Oversees legal and regulatory compliance and contract compliance for all State business, including Medicaid and commercial business. Provide consultation as necessary to Compliance Officers with regard to State compliance issues.
- Oversees the implementation and ongoing operation of the Compliance Program.
- Develops, implements and annually updates a formal written compliance program, and educates the management team and staff about compliance and the appropriate details of the compliance program.
- Assists in preparation of regulatory filings and reports to regulatory agencies.
- Serves as a liaison for customers on legal and regulatory issues.
- Ensures corrective actions are implemented for all known compliance deficiencies.
- Serves as Company liaison with State regulators.
- Meets with state regulators as necessary and serves as their point of contact for all company and its affiliate's issues.
- Maintains expertise related to authorization and non-authorization correspondence requirements from the perspective of ERISA, NCQA, URAC, federal regulations, and state law.
- Maintains a working knowledge of customer contractual requirements and state Medicaid contract requirements.
- Ensures business unit is in compliance with these contractual standards.
- Implements appropriate programs to prevent, monitors and detects fraud, waste and abuse.
- Serves as central contact for internal and external customers regarding compliance, security, HIPAA, and anti-fraud efforts.
- Leads internal and external audits and reporting.
- Oversees and ensures that all applicable new laws and regulations and changes to existing laws and regulations affecting the organization are implemented
- Ensures appropriate customization of corporate policies to comply with State law and regulations, and customer contracts.
- Develops and implements any additional written policies, procedures, protocols and standards of conduct necessary to comply with all applicable State laws and regulations and terms of the customer contracts and state Medicaid program requirements.
- Ensures that these policies are being followed by operational staff.
General Job Information
TitleDirector of Risk Management and Contractual Compliance
Job FamilyLegal Group
CountryUnited States of America
FLSA StatusUnited States of America (Exempt)
Recruiting Start Date1/8/2019
Date Requisition Created1/8/2019
License and Certifications - Required
License and Certifications - Preferred
Other Job Requirements
- 5+ years related experience in health care field, preferably New Mexico system.
- Experience and thorough understanding of word processing, flow charting, and archiving and other relevant software systems and applications.
- Knowledge of New Mexico law, HIPAA, federal and state regulatory processes.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, and project management skills.
- Ability to research, obtain, coordinate, and integrate feedback and directions from diverse operational groups and organizations into a written product.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Magellan Health Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled
Top 5 reasons to work at Magellan
Meaningful Work With People Who Care
At Magellan Health you can do meaningful work and feel confident that you matter in an organization that makes a real difference in the world - one that cares deeply and uses its employees’ collective insight as a competitive advantage.Read More
We are Compassionately Curious
Magellan Health is a place where we listen with real empathy. It’s one of our biggest strengths. It helps us to support each other and develop innovative solutions for the fastest growing, most complex areas of healthcare.Read More
We are Better Together
We rely on our innate ability to work as a high-functioning collaborative team to facilitate compassionate care to all of our members. With such interdependency comes trust, challenge and innovation.Read More
We believe work and life should flow together in unison. We offer resources that match your professional development, a culture that welcomes your ideas, and unparalleled flexibility to fit work around your life.Read More
Be your best at Magellan Health. We’re a collective of remarkably motivated and driven professionals. As a team, we’re proud of the high standards we set for each other and we’re continually inspired to do our best work.Read More
When you sayLife @ Magellan
To be the best you have to work with the bestWe hear you