Accounts Payable Specialist
Arlington VA 22206 AFSC Magellan Federal
Job DescriptionResponsible for timely, accurate processing of accounts payable vouchers and employee expense claims for payment. Research and resolve questions and inquiries from Magellan employees, vendors and providers. Assist management with special projects or tasks as assigned.
Review approved check requests for proper GL coding and approvals.
- Review invoices for required information and accuracy.
- Prepare invoices and PO invoices for A4P processing.
- Scan the prepared invoices into Kofax. Verify all documents were scanned successfully.
- Validate scanned invoices. Verify that the populated fields match the information on the invoice. Manually enter missing required information or correct populated information.
- Retrieve invoice output file. Review the vendor and invoice information on the file. Format the file to import into Lawson.
- Import the invoice file using Lawson AddIns. Verify that the file was imported correctly. Make the necessary corrections to the invoices that were not imported. Import the remaining invoices.
- Review the invoice batch to ensure all invoices were imported.
- Enter the PO detail or the PO invoices.
- Match the PO invoices to be released. Research any discrepancies between the PO information and the invoice information. Make the necessary adjustments. Contact the Purchasing buyer for assistance as needed.
- File the open invoices.
- Review T&E?s for appropriateness. Release for payment.
- Research inquiries and questions promptly.
- In-depth research in Lawson AP and/or GL and OnBase to respond to the inquiry in a professional and accurate manner.
- Take the necessary steps to correct errors.
- Ability to communicate with all levels of employees and external vendors in a clear and concise manner.
- Open communication with supervisor of issues that were not resolved.
Proactive on issues/problems
- Follow up on open issues and strive for timely resolution.
- Understand and prioritize tasks to ensure that productivity remains high and there are no negative impacts on team members.
General Job Information
TitleAccounts Payable Specialist
Job FamilyFinance Group
CountryUnited States of America
FLSA StatusUnited States of America (Non-Exempt)
Recruiting Start Date9/17/2018
Date Requisition Created10/26/2018
EducationGED (Required), High School (Required)
License and Certifications - Required
License and Certifications - Preferred
Other Job Requirements
ResponsibilitiesGeneral to intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Word and Excel. Ability to easily learn new software.Strong communication skills (written and verbal) with a customer service attitude; demonstrated ability to deal professionally with vendors and internal customers.
Magellan Health Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled
Top 5 reasons to work at Magellan
Meaningful Work With People Who Care
At Magellan Health you can do meaningful work and feel confident that you matter in an organization that makes a real difference in the world - one that cares deeply and uses its employees’ collective insight as a competitive advantage.Read More
We are Compassionately Curious
Magellan Health is a place where we listen with real empathy. It’s one of our biggest strengths. It helps us to support each other and develop innovative solutions for the fastest growing, most complex areas of healthcare.Read More
We are Better Together
We rely on our innate ability to work as a high-functioning collaborative team to facilitate compassionate care to all of our members. With such interdependency comes trust, challenge and innovation.Read More
We believe work and life should flow together in unison. We offer resources that match your professional development, a culture that welcomes your ideas, and unparalleled flexibility to fit work around your life.Read More
Be your best at Magellan Health. We’re a collective of remarkably motivated and driven professionals. As a team, we’re proud of the high standards we set for each other and we’re continually inspired to do our best work.Read More
When you sayLife @ Magellan
To be the best you have to work with the bestWe hear you