Accredited Financial Counselor, FFSP
Everett WA 98207 Fed 2000 W. Marine View Dr.
The Accredited Financial Counselor supports Navy Fleet and Family Support Programs, a central delivery system for service member and family support through the installation’s Personal Financial Management Program. The programs offered through the FFSP are designed to facilitate personal and family readiness and adaptation to life in the military and to keep individuals and families resilient and strong, preventing individual and family dysfunction, facilitating personal and family self-sufficiency, and creating overall command and community well-being. Job Duties:• Provide individualized financial counseling and assistance to service members and families.
• Assist service members in establishing an extended absence financial plan.
• Develop and make available informational financial materials to Service members and families.
• Plan, organize and develop new curriculum to be delivered by staff providing basic Personal Financial Management Education and Training per client request, when not otherwise available in CNIC standardized PFM curricula.
• Provide service and family members consumer information and assistance in handling consumer complaints.
• Coordinate, publicize and provide a wide variety of Personal Financial Management classes/workshops, e.g., car buying, basic budgeting, managing credit, debt liquidation, consumer awareness, insurance, savings and investments, and retirement planning.
• Respond to requests for age-appropriate classes or seminars to youths and teens as part of on-base education.
• Conduct initial and refresher Command Financial Specialist (CFS) training.
• Assist Command Financial Specialists in developing General Military Training (GMT) on topics relating to Personal Financial Management.
• Document individualized financial counseling services IAW the FFSMIS Users Guide and certification standards.
• Ensure that all individual services delivered in support of Personal Financial Management are entered and counted in FFSMIS.
• Ensure staff delivering personal financial management counseling are accounting for all services scheduled and delivered in the automated Centralized Scheduling and Metrics system in use by the FFSP.
• Fully support the FFSP role in emergency preparedness and response including participation in exercises and execution of an Emergency Family Assistance Center when directed.
• Could be assigned to provide Return and Reunion Services as part of job duties. Tasks include planning, coordinating and executing the delivery of programs aboard ship at the end of long overseas deployment, plus training and certifying staff to be Return and Reunion team members. Return and Reunion teams are deployed at the request of a command or aircraft carrier battle group to provide programs while in transit to home port for the purpose of assisting personnel in managing their re-entry into family and community lifeRequirements:• Bachelors OR combination of education and experience equivalent to a bachelors that equips to serve as a PFM and maintain Accredited Financial Counselor credential
• National certification as an Accredited Financial Counselor
• Knowledge in fields of personal finance and financial counseling
• Maintain highest ethical standard
• Must work well both independently and as a member of a team
• Well organized and flexible
• In OCONUS locations, strong preference is given to hiring on-site spouses/family members to minimize relocation requirements.
• Staff providing Return and Reunion services must be physically and emotionally able to withstand the rigors of Return and Reunion trips. Some Return and Reunion trips may require a VISA.This position is included in a Bargaining Unit with the International Association of Machinists and Aerospace Workers.
General Job Information
TitleAccredited Financial Counselor, FFSP
Job FamilyFederal Contracts Group
CountryUnited States of America
FLSA StatusUnited States of America (Exempt)
Recruiting Start Date1/1/2019
Date Requisition Created10/26/2018
EducationA Combination of Education and Work Experience May Be Considered. (Required), Bachelors (Required)
License and Certifications - RequiredAFC - Accredited Financial Counselor - Enterprise
License and Certifications - Preferred
Other Job Requirements
Bachelors OR combination of education and experience equivalent to a bachelors that equips to serve as a PFM and maintain Accredited Financial Counselor credential.
• National certification as an Accredited Financial Counselor.
• Knowledge in fields of personal finance and financial counseling.
• Maintain highest ethical standard.
• Must work well both independently and as a member of a team.
• Well organized and flexible.
• In OCONUS locations, strong preference is given to hiring on‐site spouses/family members to minimize relocation requirements.
• Staff providing Return and Reunion services must be physically and emotionally able to
withstand the rigors of Return and Reunion trips. Some Return and Reunion trips may require a VISA.
Magellan Health Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled