Compliance Manager, Magellan Federal - Arlington, VA
Arlington VA 22206 AFSC Magellan Federal
Job DescriptionServes as the compliance manager for Magellan Federal. Responsible for supporting
the Magellan Federal Compliance Program, including audits, training and education into federal contracting matters.
- Supports the implementation and ongoing operation of the Compliance Program for Magellan Federal contracts (including the wholly-owned subsidiary Armed Forces Services Corporation “AFSC”).
- Develops and annually updates a formal written compliance program for Magellan Federal, and educates the management team and staff about compliance and the appropriate details of the compliance program.
- Manages federal regulatory and compliance activities.
- Customizes corporate policies where necessary to address contractual requirements and work with corporate compliance on any customizations that are required due to regulatory standards.
- Generates periodic reports documenting compliance status.
- Conducts and/or oversees internal audits of federal contracts.
- Ensures corrective actions are implemented for all known compliance deficiencies.
- Submits reports to the Compliance Committee and the corporate Compliance Department.
- Develops and conducts training sessions and education.
- Serves as central contact for internal customers regarding compliance, Federal contractual terms and conditions including the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) and agency supplements, organizational conflicts of interest, Procurement Integrity Act, small business compliance for large contractors, etc.
- Supports internal and external audits and reporting.
- Supports the Finance Department in the preparation of incurred cost submission, provisional billing rates and forward pricing rate proposals.
- Performs small business vendor risk evaluations as part of routine compliance assessments.
- Assists in the drafting on an annual compliance risk assessment and compliance work plan.
- Conducts investigations into compliance and ethics concerns.
General Job Information
TitleCompliance Manager, Magellan Federal - Arlington, VA
Job FamilyLegal Group
CountryUnited States of America
FLSA StatusUnited States of America (Exempt)
Recruiting Start Date12/18/2018
Date Requisition Created11/29/2018
EducationBachelors: Business Administration (Required)
License and Certifications - Required
License and Certifications - Preferred
Other Job Requirements
- Experience in DOD contracts and DCAA audits a plus.
- 5 years of experience in accounting or finance preferred.
- 5-8 years of compliance related experience.
- Knowledge of federal regulatory processes and Federal Contracts Administration, including fluency with FAR, CAS, agency-specific supplemental regulations (e.g., DFARS, GSAM, VAAR, etc.).
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, and project management skills.
- Ability to research, obtain, coordinate, and integrate feedback and directions from diverse operational groups and organizations into a written product.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience and thorough understanding of Microsoft Office, flow charting and other relevant software systems and applications including Deltek CostPoint.
Magellan Health Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled
Top 5 reasons to work at Magellan
Meaningful Work With People Who Care
At Magellan Health you can do meaningful work and feel confident that you matter in an organization that makes a real difference in the world - one that cares deeply and uses its employees’ collective insight as a competitive advantage.Read More
We are Compassionately Curious
Magellan Health is a place where we listen with real empathy. It’s one of our biggest strengths. It helps us to support each other and develop innovative solutions for the fastest growing, most complex areas of healthcare.Read More
We are Better Together
We rely on our innate ability to work as a high-functioning collaborative team to facilitate compassionate care to all of our members. With such interdependency comes trust, challenge and innovation.Read More
We believe work and life should flow together in unison. We offer resources that match your professional development, a culture that welcomes your ideas, and unparalleled flexibility to fit work around your life.Read More
Be your best at Magellan Health. We’re a collective of remarkably motivated and driven professionals. As a team, we’re proud of the high standards we set for each other and we’re continually inspired to do our best work.Read More
When you sayLife @ Magellan
To be the best you have to work with the bestWe hear you