Fort Meade MD 20755 Fed5 2234 Huber Rd
Job DescriptionSupports the implementation of the RCCC and GSEP programs by assisting personnel transitioning from active duty thru counseling, coordination with individuals and agencies as required in accordance with ARNG, NGB, DA guidance and policies. Develops and maintains a roster monthly to identify all Soldiers in assigned units within 180 days of ETS at each Army installation designated as a place of performance.
- Conducts bi-weekly group transition briefings to Active Component Soldiers transitioning from active duty.
- Encourages eligible Soldiers, through presentation of individually tailored benefits and options, to transition into an ARNG or USAR unit.
- Counsels and presents transition opportunities for ARNG, USAR and Army to Active Component Soldiers for the purpose of continued service and develop contracts for ARNG and USAR accessions.
- Provides individual/deskside counseling to Soldiers to determine their interest and eligibility IAW AR 601-280 for RC affiliation.
- Provides detailed information on benefits, options, incentives, and entitlements for Soldiers eligible for continued service in the RC.
- Ensures that all transition documents are complete and placed in proper order as prescribed by Appendix G, AR 601-280.
- Submits completed transition packets to the Senior Government RCCC for further processing and signature approval.
- Provides a copy of the contract to the respective State or Territory headquarters points of contact and other organizations.
- Coordinates with ARNG Interstate Transfer (IST) / In-Service Recruiter (ISR), USARC G1, to verify or request vacancies that are not loaded or restricted for fill in the RETAIN system.
General Job Information
Job FamilyFederal Contracts Group
CountryUnited States of America
FLSA StatusUnited States of America (Exempt)
Recruiting Start Date1/7/2019
Date Requisition Created1/7/2019
EducationHigh School (Required)
License and Certifications - Required
License and Certifications - Preferred
Other Job Requirements
- Must have been awarded an Army 79 series MOS.
- Successfully completed the Reserve Component Transition Counselor (RCTC) course (additional skill identifier 4R).
- If candidate does not hold ASI 4R, the candidate must complete the RCTC Course (4R) within 90 days of hire or the next scheduled class.
Magellan Health Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled