Human Research Protection Specialist SME
Falls Church VA 22041 Fed1
General Job Information
TitleHuman Research Protection Specialist SME
Job FamilyFederal Contracts Group
CountryUnited States of America
FLSA StatusUnited States of America (Exempt)
Recruiting Start Date9/27/2018
Date Requisition Created10/26/2018
EducationBachelors (Required), Masters
License and Certifications - Required
License and Certifications - Preferred
Other Job Requirements
- Master's degree preferred.
- 4+ years of post advanced-degree experience in relevant field(s).
- Biomedical experience preferred.
- Experience conducting human subject research.
- Experience with military health topics, such as post-traumatic stress disorder or traumatic brain injury.
- Experience working with Institutional Review Boards
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience in human research protection and compliance oversight
- Bachelor's degree in biomedical or socio-behavioral field required.
- Subject matter expertise in human research protection, including application of the Common Rule and subparts B, C and D; HIPAA; and other human research protection regulatory requirements.
- Exceptional communication skills (verbal and written), with proven technical writing abilities (Writing sample required to be provided) .
- Superior analytic, problem solving, and negotiating skills.
- Excellent demonstrated project and time-management skills.
- Demonstrated success in change management.
- Travel to domestic and international destinations possible Travel required up to 8 times per year.
- Human subjects protection and regulatory compliance certification (or obtained within 6 months of hire).
- Must be able to work independently in Microsoft Windows 7 and Microsoft Office 2010 (Excel, Outlook, Powerpoint, Publisher, and Word).
- Interim Secret Clearance required to start.
Magellan Health Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled