Senior Appeals Coordinator
Cambridge MA 02141 58 Charles Street
Job DescriptionTHIS POSITION IS BASED IN CAMBRIDGE, MA - IT IS NOT A REMOTE OPPORTUNITY
Performs research and analysis of appeals filed by members, customers, and government entities to administer timely resolution within state and federal guidelines, benefit plan guidelines, and company policies and procedures. Maintains a caseload of appeals and performs assigned duties.
- Analyzes and renders final decisions of non-clinical appeals according to procedure, state and federal guidelines, benefit plan guidelines, company internal policies and work flows.
- Coordinates the appeal and dispute process through the collection of clinical records and consultation with Physician Advisors/Medical Director and communicates final determination.
- Familiar with and can assist in coordinating peer review scheduling involving internal Physician Advisors and external vendors.
- Consults with internal departments such as Clinical, Legal, and Network, as well as company senior management to assure appeal and complaint decisions meet all guidelines and result in customer satisfaction when possible.
- Consults with Account Management and external vendors to resolve high profile, complex appeals and/or complaints.
- Responsible for preparation of written detailed case history and presentation of second level appeal cases to the Appeals Panel for final company determination.
- Documents process and findings within the Appeals and the Complaint databases, and internal systems.
- Responsible for interface with members and providers as required regarding status, process and outcomes of complaints and appeals.
- Responsible for maintaining the integrity of the company relationship with customers by researching, resolving and responding to customer inquiries for appeals, disputes and scheduling issues.
- Responsible for identifying risk situations, consulting with senior management staff and rendering determinations that could adversely affect the company.
- Researches, compiles and consults with external review organization and customers as necessary for appeals and complaint process.
- Assists in data gathering and reporting of appeals. Responsible for achieving and maintaining department performance guarantees.
- Assists in developing workflows and innovative process improvements to positively impact the department overall.
- Contributes to unit and department CQI (continuous quality improvement) processes by participating in unit goal setting, scorecard development and departmental meetings. Meets individual performance standards.
- Other duties as assigned.
General Job Information
TitleSenior Appeals Coordinator
Job FamilyQuality Group
CountryUnited States of America
FLSA StatusUnited States of America (Exempt)
Recruiting Start Date12/5/2018
Date Requisition Created12/5/2018
License and Certifications - Required
License and Certifications - Preferred
Other Job Requirements
- 2+ years experience in processing appeals and/or claims.
- Experience working in a contact center environment.
- 2+ years Behavioral Health, Healthcare or Managed Care Industry experience.
- Ability to talk on the telephone and type on a computer simultaneously.
- Working knowledge Microsoft Product Suite.
- Ability and willingness to learn new software applications.
Magellan Health Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled
Top 5 reasons to work at Magellan
Meaningful Work With People Who Care
At Magellan Health you can do meaningful work and feel confident that you matter in an organization that makes a real difference in the world - one that cares deeply and uses its employees’ collective insight as a competitive advantage.Read More
We are Compassionately Curious
Magellan Health is a place where we listen with real empathy. It’s one of our biggest strengths. It helps us to support each other and develop innovative solutions for the fastest growing, most complex areas of healthcare.Read More
We are Better Together
We rely on our innate ability to work as a high-functioning collaborative team to facilitate compassionate care to all of our members. With such interdependency comes trust, challenge and innovation.Read More
We believe work and life should flow together in unison. We offer resources that match your professional development, a culture that welcomes your ideas, and unparalleled flexibility to fit work around your life.Read More
Be your best at Magellan Health. We’re a collective of remarkably motivated and driven professionals. As a team, we’re proud of the high standards we set for each other and we’re continually inspired to do our best work.Read More
When you sayLife @ Magellan
To be the best you have to work with the bestWe hear you