System Navigator, EFMP
Fort Polk LA 71459 Fed2 Bldg 1830
General Job Information
TitleSystem Navigator, EFMP
Job FamilyFederal Contracts Group
CountryUnited States of America
FLSA StatusUnited States of America (Exempt)
Recruiting Start Date1/7/2019
Date Requisition Created10/26/2018
License and Certifications - Required
License and Certifications - Preferred
Other Job Requirements
- One year experience working with a military Family Support Center; or civilian social service agency preferred or experience as a military Family member.
- Must possess and maintain a valid, unrestricted motor vehicle license.
- Understanding of the military and our government client program.
- Possess working knowledge of military protocol when addressing Officers, Non-Commissioned Officers and Government personnel.
- Must speak, read, understand, and write English fluently.
- Be computer literate and possess proficiency in computer skills to use Microsoft Office Suite to prepare briefing slides, information papers, and enter data in required management reports and utilize information systems to prepare required reports and information.
- Ability to effectively interface and communicate with civilian and military personnel at all levels.
- Willing to travel within an estimated 50-mile radius of the assigned installation.
- United States citizen.
- Bachelor degree in social work, psychology; marriage, family, and child counseling; counseling or behavioral science; education; or community health or public health.
- Minimum one year experience in Family and children’s services or community organization.
- Knowledge of human service principles and practices, individual Family needs and problems relative to case management and changing social patterns, knowledge of military and civilian community (local, state and Federal programs), their mission and relationship to readiness, retention and resiliency.
- Knowledge of military, state and Federal laws, policies, regulations and practices regarding medical, educational and Family support services, knowledge of available medical, special education and community support programs and services.
- Knowledge of military and civilian community (local, state, and Federal programs), their mission and relationship to readiness, retention, and resiliency.
- Ability to research, analyze, and conduct studies to evaluate effectiveness of program operation, resolve problems, and develop a comprehensive coordinated Family Service Plan.
- Ability to plan, organize and analyze work assignments to determine appropriate course of action.
- Shall have skill levels to provide professional non-clinical case management services, facilitating connections between Families who have special needs and the systems of required care.
Must be able to operate general office equipment including but not limited to: computer, phones and related media and information devices on most or all workdays
Ability to communicate and interact with others, both in person and/or by telephone to conduct business.
Working under time pressure.
Working rapidly for long periods to meet deadlines.
Must be able to travel as needed and adhere to AFSC travel policies and procedures.
Must be able to enter private homes that may or may not provide easy access for those with physical disabilities or those recovering from physical rehabilitation or post-recovery mobility.
Position requires ability to transport self from office locations to private homes, other offices and facilities where training and other program activities occur.
Magellan Health Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled
Top 5 reasons to work at Magellan
Meaningful Work With People Who Care
At Magellan Health you can do meaningful work and feel confident that you matter in an organization that makes a real difference in the world - one that cares deeply and uses its employees’ collective insight as a competitive advantage.Read More
We are Compassionately Curious
Magellan Health is a place where we listen with real empathy. It’s one of our biggest strengths. It helps us to support each other and develop innovative solutions for the fastest growing, most complex areas of healthcare.Read More
We are Better Together
We rely on our innate ability to work as a high-functioning collaborative team to facilitate compassionate care to all of our members. With such interdependency comes trust, challenge and innovation.Read More
We believe work and life should flow together in unison. We offer resources that match your professional development, a culture that welcomes your ideas, and unparalleled flexibility to fit work around your life.Read More
Be your best at Magellan Health. We’re a collective of remarkably motivated and driven professionals. As a team, we’re proud of the high standards we set for each other and we’re continually inspired to do our best work.Read More
When you sayLife @ Magellan
To be the best you have to work with the bestWe hear you