Job DescriptionResponsible for responding to employee questions and inquiries about employee benefit programs and human resource policies. Provides assistance with disability, health, and life benefits, paid time off, and retirement plans. Prepares appropriate documentation and processes necessary paperwork. Has knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field.
- Handles various levels of inquiries concerning compensation, position management, payroll and benefits administration.
- Provides first line of contact for employees, external vendors, Trust department, and other plan administrators via telephone.
- Researches and resolves basic inquiries regarding payroll activity and tax withholdings.
- Provides front line assistance regarding programs, policies, and procedures.
- Responsible for documenting case notes, problem-solving and resolving Tier 2 level of questions.
- Responsible for handling escalations from employees.
- Responsible for coaching and developing HR Resource Center Representatives (training, development, feedback, performance connections).
General Job Information
TitleHR Service Center Specialist
Job FamilyHuman Resources Group
CountryUnited States of America
FLSA StatusUnited States of America (Non-Exempt)
Recruiting Start Date11/14/2018
Date Requisition Created11/12/2018
License and Certifications - RequiredPHR - Professional Human Resources - Enterprise
License and Certifications - Preferred
Other Job Requirements
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Must have PHR or obtain within one year.
- 1-2 years of experience in administrative support in high volume call center environment.
- Working knowledge of Workday.
- Basic Human Resources knowledge (benefits, employment law, employee relations, HRIS).
Magellan Health Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled
Top 5 reasons to work at Magellan
Meaningful Work With People Who Care
At Magellan Health you can do meaningful work and feel confident that you matter in an organization that makes a real difference in the world - one that cares deeply and uses its employees’ collective insight as a competitive advantage.Read More
We are Compassionately Curious
Magellan Health is a place where we listen with real empathy. It’s one of our biggest strengths. It helps us to support each other and develop innovative solutions for the fastest growing, most complex areas of healthcare.Read More
We are Better Together
We rely on our innate ability to work as a high-functioning collaborative team to facilitate compassionate care to all of our members. With such interdependency comes trust, challenge and innovation.Read More
We believe work and life should flow together in unison. We offer resources that match your professional development, a culture that welcomes your ideas, and unparalleled flexibility to fit work around your life.Read More
Be your best at Magellan Health. We’re a collective of remarkably motivated and driven professionals. As a team, we’re proud of the high standards we set for each other and we’re continually inspired to do our best work.Read More