Arlington VA 22206 AFSC Magellan Federal
Job DescriptionThis position is an integral member of an assigned SBU project team responsible for supporting projects of varying size and moderate complexity. The role is responsible for directing, organizing and controlling project activities, under the direction of leadership.
- Attends project meetings and assist with determination of project requirements.
- Assists management in the drafting and issuance of preliminary schedules.
- Chairs meetings and distribute minutes to all project team members.
- Tracks the progress and quality of work being performed.
- Uses project scheduling and control tools to monitor projects plans, work hours, budgets and expenditures.
- Effectively and accurately communicates relevant project information to the client and project team.
- Ensures project requirements are met in a timely and cost effective manner.
- Tracks and manages contemplated change requests.
- Communicates ideas for improving company processes with a positive and constructive attitude, and for developing this attitude in others.
- Keeps appropriate managers and others informed on project status and all issues that may impact client relations.
- Manages simple work streams within a larger project, supervised by management.
- Performs other administrative functions for SBU as needed.
General Job Information
Job FamilyGeneral Services Group
CountryUnited States of America
FLSA StatusUnited States of America (Non-Exempt)
Recruiting Start Date12/26/2018
Date Requisition Created12/26/2018
License and Certifications - Required
License and Certifications - Preferred
Other Job Requirements
- Proficient in MS Project and the MS Office Suite of products.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills, as well as presentation skills.
- Proven ability to work effectively both independently and in a team based environment.
- Demonstrated willingness to be flexible and adaptable to changing priorities.
- Strong multi-tasking and organizational skills.
Magellan Health Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled