Job DescriptionThe program website content management and Social Media lead is responsible for leading the program's efforts to reach our clients. This person will develop, coordinate and disseminate messaging through current and emerging military-owned and military-sanctioned social media channels such as Facebook, Twitter, Google+, YouTube, Instagram, and Pinterest, as well as milSuite. The successful candidate will have recent experience working in social media. This person will serve in an enterprise-wide role to sync messages across various program elements.
- Develops social medial strategies and tactics which generate awareness of and increase interest in the program.
- Builds, maintains and expands social media presence with regular updates on social media sites, blogs and other appropriate electronic/social media platforms, in accordance with established program guidelines.
- Tracks, manages and increases engagement and impact through various social media platforms.
- Establishes best practices to maximize engagement and growth on each digital platform.
- Stays abreast of trends and innovations in social media, seek out new tools and best practices and their applicability to the program’s needs.
- Develops new and curate content for distributions via digital channels and manage social media editorial calendar.
- Implements social media campaigns and manage day-to-day activities.
- Monitors social media traffic involving the program and respond to posts and comments.
- Leverages analytics to develop greater understanding of stakeholders, their concerns, preferences and perceptions, provide progress reports and find ways to improve on metrics.
- Collaborates with other internal groups to ensure integration and consistency of messages across various program elements and social media channels
- Provides guidance / direction / input to the team on the development of deliverables.
- Reviews all deliverables for quality and standardization ensuring that they meet the needs of the client.
- Interfaces/liaises with other leads within the program and across contracts to ensure continuity of messaging.
General Job Information
Job FamilyFederal Contracts Group
CountryUnited States of America
FLSA StatusUnited States of America (Exempt)
Recruiting Start Date1/2/2019
Date Requisition Created1/5/2019
EducationBachelors (Required), Masters
License and Certifications - Required
License and Certifications - Preferred
Other Job Requirements
- Master's Degree or graduate certificate in Social Media preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications, Public Relations, or relevant field.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in communications, public relations or marketing with a minimum of two years working in social media.
- Demonstrated ability to integrate social media programs into overall communications objectives and activities.
- Knowledge of social media management systems, news monitoring and analysis software, content management systems, and web/social media analytics.
- Demonstrated experience producing accurate, organized, detailed, and timely work in a fast paced environment.
- Experience in working closely with internal and external partners, senior-level executives, stakeholders and agency/contracted resources.
- Ability to make decisions in a changing environment and anticipate future needs.
- Strong project management skills and proficiency at managing multiple and time-sensitive projects.
- Effective influencer and collaborator with internal and external teams.
- Federal government experience; military or military Public Affairs experience preferred.
- Must be able to obtain/maintain government clearance requirements.
Magellan Health Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled