Home Visitor, NPSP
Fort Bragg NC 28307 Fed4 301 Normandy Drive
General Job Information
TitleHome Visitor, NPSP
Job FamilyFederal Contracts Group
CountryUnited States of America
FLSA StatusUnited States of America (Exempt)
Recruiting Start Date1/2/2019
Date Requisition Created10/26/2018
EducationBachelors: Nursing (Required), Masters: Counseling (Required), Masters: Social Work (Required)
License and Certifications - RequiredLCSW - Licensed Clinical Social Worker - Care Mgmt, LMFT - Licensed Marital and Family Therapist - Care Mgmt, RN - Registered Nurse, State and/or Compact State Licensure - Care Mgmt
License and Certifications - Preferred
Other Job Requirements
- Professionally-related experience working with military families.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing and possess strong interpersonal communication skills necessary to relate to families (parents and children) from varied backgrounds.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to work with individuals and small groups.
- Qualified candidates must have at least two (2) years of direct work experience in child abuse or domestic abuse, or maternal or child health or medical social work.
- Must hold a current and active license as an LCSW, LMFT or RN.
- Licensed Clinical Social Workers must possess a current, valid, unrestricted clinical license and a master’s degree in Social Work to practice social work independently.
- Registered Nurses must have at least a bachelor’s degree in nursing, a current unrestricted license in one of the States or U.S. territories, and at least two (2) years of direct work experience with child abuse or domestic abuse, maternal or child health, public/community health, or mental health.
- Must have home visitation experience.
- Must have a valid driver’s license, auto insurance and ability to operate a motor vehicle.
- Must have working knowledge of basic computer skills and be able to use Microsoft Word, Power Point, and Excel programs.
- Must be able to operate general office equipment including but not limited to: computer, phones and related media and information devices on most or all workdays.
- Ability to communicate and interact with others, both in person and/or by telephone to conduct business.
- Working under time pressure.
- Working rapidly for long periods to meet deadlines.
- Must be able to travel as needed and adhere to AFSC travel policies and procedures.
- Must be able to enter private homes that may or may not provide easy access for those with physical disabilities or those recovering from physical rehabilitation or post-recovery mobility.
- Position requires ability to transport self from office locations to private homes, other offices and facilities where training and other program activities occur.
Magellan Health Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled