Victims Advocate, AFDAVA
Fairchild AFB WA 99011 Fed 701 Hospital Loop
General Job Information
TitleVictims Advocate, AFDAVA
Job FamilyFederal Contracts Group
CountryUnited States of America
FLSA StatusUnited States of America (Non-Exempt)
Recruiting Start Date1/1/1900
Date Requisition Created10/26/2018
EducationBachelors: Behavioral Health (Required)
License and Certifications - Required
License and Certifications - Preferred
Other Job Requirements
• Understanding of the military and AF FAP.
• Possess working knowledge of military protocol when addressing Officers, Non-Commissioned Officers and Government personnel.
• Must speak, read, understand, and write English fluently.
• Be computer literate and possess proficiency in computer skills to use Microsoft Office Suite to prepare briefing slides, information papers, and enter data in required management reports and utilize information systems to prepare required reports and information.
• Ability to effectively interface and communicate with civilian and military personnel at all levels.
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited university in any of the following disciplines: Social Work; Psychology; Marriage, Family, and Child Counseling; Counseling or Behavioral Science; Criminal Justice, or related field.
- Two years of experience assisting and providing advocacy services to victims of domestic abuse or sexual assault.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office© Suite and have the ability to input, retrieve, and format documentation via various database/software.
- DAVAs shall have knowledge of military programs, organizations, chain of command, unit missions, life styles, and situations that contribute to family stress, problems and crisis situations.
- Possess the ability to work effectively with individuals and families from diverse racial, ethnic, and socioeconomic backgrounds.
- Ability to work cooperatively with military and civilian medical, social service, law enforcement, and legal personnel on behalf of victims.
- Must possess and maintain a valid, unrestricted motor vehicle license.
- Must possess transportation to transport victim in crisis (non-emergent) situations as a last resort.
- Must be able to provide on-call 24 hours/7 days per week victim advocacy services.
- Must be able to operate general office equipment including but not limited to: computer, phones and related media and information devices on most or all workdays.
- Ability to communicate and interact with others, both in person and/or by telephone to conduct business.
- Ability to work under time pressure. and rapidly for long periods to meet deadlines.
Magellan Health Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled