Sr. Manager, Pricing and Underwriting, Pharmacy Benefit Management
Job DescriptionThe ideal candidate will possess comprehensive understanding of PBM products, revenue levers and cost drivers to creatively recommend pricing that is market competitive while meeting financial goals of Magellan.
Executes on the overall Underwriting strategy based upon corporate goals and guidelines. Will facilitate the enhancement of the P&L and data analysis process for efficient pricing of offers. This position will work with various departments within the company as well with employees within the finance department to ensure terms, conditions and pricing guarantees are correlated to the approved P&L.
- Complete financial requirements for RFP?s (Request for Proposals) and support the sales and marketing staff during the process.
- Analyze claims detail data from claims processing system, as well as analyzing external claims data in various formats.
- Provide support to Underwriting team, Account Management and Proposal team to aid in new business and account retention
- Prepare and analyze internal /ad-hoc reports for management on a timely basis.
- Develop financial models based on client specific requests. Based on quantitative and qualitative evidence, consult clients in a manner that will positively impact Magellan and Client.
- Develop analytical methods to optimize contract profitability.
- Facilitate in contract development and execution.
- Travel to client location on a quarterly basis to lead financial discussion and consult client on cost management strategies and programs.
- Other duties as assigned.
General Job Information
TitleSr. Manager, Pricing and Underwriting, Pharmacy Benefit Management
Job FamilyFinance Group
CountryUnited States of America
FLSA StatusUnited States of America (Exempt)
Recruiting Start Date8/29/2018
Date Requisition Created8/29/2018
EducationBachelors (Required), Masters
License and Certifications - Required
License and Certifications - PreferredCPA - Certified Public Accountant - Enterprise
Other Job Requirements
- Knowledge of underwriting principles in a managed care environment.
- Excellent written and communication skills.
- Ability to self-start and work independently.
- Good analytical, reasoning and problem solving skills.
- Strong organizational skills and must be able to adhere to strict deadlines.
- Willingness to learn new product lines and adapt to changing environment.
- Strong working knowledge Microsoft Office Product suite, specifically Excel, and experience with managing large data sets with tools such as MS Access.
- Actuarial pricing experience required.
- Comprehensive understanding of PBM products, revenue levers and cost drivers to creatively recommend pricing that is market competitive while meeting financial goals of Magellan.
Magellan Health Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled
Top 5 reasons to work at Magellan
Meaningful Work With People Who Care
At Magellan Health you can do meaningful work and feel confident that you matter in an organization that makes a real difference in the world - one that cares deeply and uses its employees’ collective insight as a competitive advantage.Read More
We are Compassionately Curious
Magellan Health is a place where we listen with real empathy. It’s one of our biggest strengths. It helps us to support each other and develop innovative solutions for the fastest growing, most complex areas of healthcare.Read More
We are Better Together
We rely on our innate ability to work as a high-functioning collaborative team to facilitate compassionate care to all of our members. With such interdependency comes trust, challenge and innovation.Read More
We believe work and life should flow together in unison. We offer resources that match your professional development, a culture that welcomes your ideas, and unparalleled flexibility to fit work around your life.Read More
Be your best at Magellan Health. We’re a collective of remarkably motivated and driven professionals. As a team, we’re proud of the high standards we set for each other and we’re continually inspired to do our best work.Read More
When you sayLife @ Magellan
To be the best you have to work with the bestWe hear you