District EAP Consultant - USPS
Job DescriptionAssumes overall responsibility for marketing the EAP program within their district. Provides EAP brief counseling services and consultative services to union and management representatives which includes case management, critical incident responses and training to the USPS. Collaborates with the National EAP Consultants to increase service scope, awareness and availability of services.
- Provides short term, solution focused EAP counseling directly to clients in the EAP, incorporating solution-focused brief therapy skills and advanced chemical dependency knowledge.
- Provides services including assessment, referral (assuring linkage), brief therapy, case management, and follow-up as indicated.
- Provides services as an agent in the Virtual Call Distribution System.
- Interfaces and provides consultation to top-level points of contact within the Postal districts (both union and management representatives.).
- Functions as the Magellan main point of contact on site for the USPS providing core EAP technology education, needs assessments and consultation relative to EAP service.
- Conducts in person onsite marketing to all areas within their district.
- Provides orientations and health and wellness presentations to management, union leadership and front-line employees.
- Requires comfort with public speaking and flexibility in responding to requests.
- Coordinates and provides EAP response to critical incidents and follow up activities related to any incident.
- Requires flexibility in responding to emergent situations.
- Provides 24 hour per day, seven day per week availability in order to respond to emergencies as needed; and work off-site as needed.
General Job Information
TitleDistrict EAP Consultant - USPS
Job FamilyUSPS - FOH Group
CountryUnited States of America
FLSA StatusUnited States of America (Exempt)
Recruiting Start Date12/27/2018
Date Requisition Created12/27/2018
EducationMasters: Behavioral Health (Required)
License and Certifications - RequiredCurrent licensure required for this position that meets State, Commonwealth or customer-specific requirements. - Care Mgmt, LCPC - Licensed Clinical Professional Counselor - Care Mgmt, LCSW-C - Licensed Certified Social Worker - Clinical - Care Mgmt, LMFT - Licensed Marital and Family Therapist - Care Mgmt, Must be an independently licensed behavioral health clinician. - Care Mgmt
License and Certifications - PreferredCEAP - Certified Employee Assistance Professional - Care Mgmt
Other Job Requirements
- 2 years' post graduate clinical experience.
- Clinical training must include instruction on chemical dependency, mental health and brief therapy.
- Must have understanding of workplace issues, how businesses function and a fundamental understanding of employee/employer relationships.
- Must be capable of acquiring an understanding of EEO rules, ADA in the workplace, FMLA, and Drug Free Workplace Requirements.
- Must be able to provide accurate client assessment including level of risk, substance abuse and dependency, job performance issues and refer to appropriate level of care. Competent in crisis intervention.
- Demonstrates knowledge and expertise in solution-focused, brief therapy in outpatient setting.
- Strong customer service skills required.
- Must be able to sensitively, compassionately respond to callers. Excellent listening skills vital.
- Interacts effectively at all levels both within the company and with external customers.
- Analyzes and presents issues in a clear, concise, persuasive manner, both orally and in writing.
- Uses time to manage caseload and documentation effectively.
- Meets productivity targets and quality management expectations.
- Develops effective working relationships with peers within and across organizational lines. Effectively resolves individual conflicts.
- Supports department mission and keeps management informed of team issues.
- Takes responsibility for own development and stays current on skills and techniques needed to perform job.
- Able to adjust well to new situations and changing priorities.
- Deals well with ambiguity and stress while handling a variety of assignments.
- Maintains a positive, achievement-oriented attitude and consistent in accomplishing expected objectives.
Magellan Health Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled