Dir, Clinical Operations
Middletown RI 02842
Job DescriptionLeads the implementation, execution and delivery of clinical programs for health plan clients including MRx departments (MedD PDP, Magellan Methods, Specialty Pharmacy Distribution, etc.) in accordance with best practices. Assists with development, enhancement, and maintenance of operational functions, systems, procedures and clinical support and provider education. Implements and monitors clinical program requirements and timelines, ensures all necessary support, staffing, tools and technology are available, and follows up as needed. Meets with Clinical program managers and other appropriate staff to identify project goals, objectives, critical success factors, and success measures including supporting the company in achievement of revenue goals. Supports other functions as requested throughout the program delivery lifecycle including finance, outcomes, communications and IT.
- Works closely with teams to ensure consistent delivery of approved programs to their client. Ensures operations are standardized at the fullest extent possible. Provides overall project coordination for contract clinical and operational functions.
- Oversees and coordinates implementation of new clinical programs and serves as liaison between the Clinical program managers and Clinical Services Center (CSC) outreach team. Assists in modifying implementation approaches within operational execution of the clinical program. Develops strong relationships and contacts within the company that support the achievement of efficient and effective clinical program outcomes.
- Through CSC managers, communicates frequently with Clinical program managers to report program progress, establish priorities and maintain positive program outreach results. Responds to requests for information. Assesses, investigates and resolves difficult issues to achieve program objectives.
- Coordinates outreach with physicians and prescribers identified as needing consultation to provide coaching on prescriptions and prescribing practices that have been identified as outliers. Responsible for oversight of all program outreach and delivery.
- Collaborates with Clinical program managers on development and refinement of consultation scripting used for program outreach.
- Contributes to the success of the operations of the pharmacy program by assisting with management of both written and verbal communications to physicians and prescribers and maintenance of the edits and data elements that support the edits.
- Contributes to program execution and delivery by using staff productivity metrics and continuous quality improvement processes within the CSC. Identify improvement opportunities by on-going consultation and collaboration with CSC managers and Clinical program managers.
- Directs, develops and managers CSC managers and all pharmacist, pharmacy technician, registered nurse, and customer care associates within the CSC. Develops, implements and monitors clinical program delivery working with the clinical team and external customers to execute strategic clinical vision. Supports drug utilization review (DUR) efforts by reviewing physician prescribing patterns and consulting with physicians regarding these patterns using evidence-based best practices.
General Job Information
TitleDir, Clinical Operations
Job FamilyPharmacy Group
CountryUnited States of America
FLSA StatusUnited States of America (Exempt)
Recruiting Start Date12/14/2018
Date Requisition Created11/28/2018
EducationPharmD: Pharmacy (Required)
License and Certifications - RequiredPharmD - Doctor Of Pharmacy, State Licensure - Pharmacy
License and Certifications - Preferred
Other Job Requirements
- Pharmacy Benefits Management (PBM) experience required.
- Strong drug product and clinical pharmacy knowledge.
Magellan Health Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled
Top 5 reasons to work at Magellan
Meaningful Work With People Who Care
At Magellan Health you can do meaningful work and feel confident that you matter in an organization that makes a real difference in the world - one that cares deeply and uses its employees’ collective insight as a competitive advantage.Read More
We are Compassionately Curious
Magellan Health is a place where we listen with real empathy. It’s one of our biggest strengths. It helps us to support each other and develop innovative solutions for the fastest growing, most complex areas of healthcare.Read More
We are Better Together
We rely on our innate ability to work as a high-functioning collaborative team to facilitate compassionate care to all of our members. With such interdependency comes trust, challenge and innovation.Read More
We believe work and life should flow together in unison. We offer resources that match your professional development, a culture that welcomes your ideas, and unparalleled flexibility to fit work around your life.Read More
Be your best at Magellan Health. We’re a collective of remarkably motivated and driven professionals. As a team, we’re proud of the high standards we set for each other and we’re continually inspired to do our best work.Read More
When you sayLife @ Magellan
To be the best you have to work with the bestWe hear you