Military & Family Life Counselor, Fort Campbell, KY
Fort Campbell TN 37042 MFLC Fort Campbell
Job DescriptionThis position is located at a school associated with Fort Campbell. Candidate must be local to TN or willing to relocate to become local. Candidate must licensed at the independent level in TN.
Provides the full breadth of MFLC consultation and counseling services to the command structure and military service members and their families as an embedded counselor assigned to a dedicated military unit. Solely responsible for providing MFLC services including non-medical, short term, walk around counseling, training/health and wellness presentations, and consultation to the brigade/regiments command regarding behavioral health issues with a unique understanding of the particular military unit, cultural and mission. Embedded within the command and requires a unique and sophisticated senior relationship management skill set to develop and manage the complex relationships necessary to successfully work closely with the command personnel and leadership hierarchy providing the highest level of consultative services.
- Provides non-medical, short term, solution focused, walk around counseling directly to service and family members of a dedicated military unit (brigade, wing or regiment) as an embedded counselor. Services include assessment, brief counseling and consultation, action planning, referral to resources (assuring linkage as appropriate), and follow-up as indicated. Delivers training and health and wellness presentations and activities as requested/ directed. Enters counselor activity data on a daily basis through smart phone, web, or fax to assure that reporting is accurate from assigned installation, while maintaining client / service member confidentiality.
- Cultivates and maintains direct, high level relationships with high level commanders and personnel within the assigned military unit, utilizing superior senior relationship management skills and recognizing the unique structure and mission of the assigned military unit. Responsible for development of an excellent working relationship with the installation POC (Point of Contact), command, and the command POC.
- Creates a presence within the brigade/regiment in which the service and family members feel comfortable approaching the counselor, recognizing the program to be confidential. Establish and maintain working relationships with community resources and provide appropriate linkages for service members and their families. Partners with POC to provide MFLC services in a manner that addresses the needs of the brigade/regiment.
- Provides MFLC response to critical incidents, surge, and special requests as directed by the POC and approved by the OSD program manager. Counselor will flex schedule to respond to urgent requests as needed.
- Manages duty to warn and restricted reporting situations according to DoD protocol and staffs the cases with Regional Supervisor/Regional Director.
- Communicates with Regional Supervisors and participates in regular individual and group supervision, sharing information regarding trends and issues on the installations to which they are assigned.
- Participates in regular in-services/training, Quality Improvement committees or other contract activities as assigned/appropriate.
- May have to serve as a full-time substitute MFLC Counselor working in different facilities to provide coverage for a counselor(s) due to illness or absences from their assignment as needed.
General Job Information
TitleMilitary & Family Life Counselor, Fort Campbell, KY
Job FamilyClinical Services Group
CountryUnited States of America
FLSA StatusUnited States of America (Exempt)
Recruiting Start Date12/17/2018
Date Requisition Created12/17/2018
EducationMasters: Behavioral Health (Required)
License and Certifications - RequiredCurrent licensure required for this position that meets State, Commonwealth or customer-specific requirements. - Care Mgmt, LPC - Licensed Professional Counselor - Care Mgmt, Must be an independently licensed behavioral health clinician. - Care Mgmt
License and Certifications - Preferred
Other Job Requirements
A minimum one year of post licensure counseling experience.
- Requires ability to engage and communicate with military members or children as assigned, in order to accomplish job functions, and to respond quickly to emergent situations in any physical location on a military installation and/or within a school setting, which includes the need to traverse short and/or long distances within the base to both indoor and outdoor locations, to maneuver through rugged, outdoor or uneven locations (e.g., steep inclines, stairs, grass), and work in outdoor weather and other military base conditions. Due to the nature of working on military installations or related worksites, counselors may need to comply with various site-specific requirements to work at designated locations. For example, for some assignments, counselors will need to have certain current immunizations or vaccinations and provide record of receipt.
- Ability to prove US Citizenship and must be fluent in English.
- Advanced knowledge of brief therapy and solution-focused child and youth counseling methods.
- Must have past work experience in a school setting to qualify for assignment.
- Prior military service/military family member and/or strong familiarity with military culture.
- Must meet the Magellan MFLC CYB criteria for experience with children and youth and specialty in child and adolescent development/psychology.
Magellan Health Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled
Top 5 reasons to work at Magellan
Meaningful Work With People Who Care
At Magellan Health you can do meaningful work and feel confident that you matter in an organization that makes a real difference in the world - one that cares deeply and uses its employees’ collective insight as a competitive advantage.Read More
We are Compassionately Curious
Magellan Health is a place where we listen with real empathy. It’s one of our biggest strengths. It helps us to support each other and develop innovative solutions for the fastest growing, most complex areas of healthcare.Read More
We are Better Together
We rely on our innate ability to work as a high-functioning collaborative team to facilitate compassionate care to all of our members. With such interdependency comes trust, challenge and innovation.Read More
We believe work and life should flow together in unison. We offer resources that match your professional development, a culture that welcomes your ideas, and unparalleled flexibility to fit work around your life.Read More
Be your best at Magellan Health. We’re a collective of remarkably motivated and driven professionals. As a team, we’re proud of the high standards we set for each other and we’re continually inspired to do our best work.Read More
When you sayLife @ Magellan
To be the best you have to work with the bestWe hear you