Director, System of Care - Behavioral Health
Glen Allen VA 23060 Suite 100
Job DescriptionThis position is responsible for leading the Customer Management Center`s (CMC) strategy and planning efforts in system transformation, helping behavioral health services evolve and expand using a strengths-based, regionally-focused, multi-year approach. This role engages providers, state agencies and other stakeholders in a collaborative approach to achieving the priorities set by the state. The goal is a behavioral health service system that is based on recovery and resiliency principles and achieves high quality outcomes for the members and families it serves. This role also serves as a delegate of the General Manager, representing the organization in their absence. Leads key initiatives and projects, including those involving cross-functional areas and external stakeholders.
- Leads strategic efforts, including the development of an annual Systems Transformation Plan, which includes the expansion of the contract specific programs, children`s services, adult services, cultural competence, and consumer and family voice/empowerment.
- Partners at all levels with stakeholders, including members, providers, agencies and state departments supporting the contract, ensuring successes are perceived as wins by all involved.
- Develops infrastructure and oversees a statewide training and technical assistance center to support the ongoing development of behavioral health professionals and paraprofessionals.
- Responsible for ongoing system redesign to promote the use of outcome tools and strong member outcomes, expansion of evidence-based practices, a proactive crisis system, and better integration between physical and behavioral providers.
- Leads and administers the Governance Board.
- Coordinates and collaborates with internal Magellan departments, including quality, network, clinical, and others and tapping Magellan`s subject matter experts as needed.
General Job Information
TitleDirector, System of Care - Behavioral Health
Job FamilyOperations Group
CountryUnited States of America
FLSA StatusUnited States of America (Exempt)
Recruiting Start Date12/17/2018
Date Requisition Created12/17/2018
EducationA Combination of Education and Work Experience May Be Considered. (Required), Bachelors: Behavioral Health (Required), Bachelors: Nursing (Required), Masters
License and Certifications - Required
License and Certifications - PreferredLCSW - Licensed Clinical Social Worker - Care Mgmt, LMSW - Licensed Master Social Worker - Care Mgmt, LPC - Licensed Professional Counselor - Care Mgmt
Other Job Requirements
- Bachelors degree in Social Work, Psychology, Nursing or related field.
- Must be a licensed social worker, licensed Mental Health Professional (as defined in 12VAC35‐105‐20) or Registered Nurse.
- 7+ years’ clinical experience in a healthcare, human service or long-term services and supports.
- 5+ years’ previous experience in a leadership position with a behavioral health and/or managed care organization.
- Strong track record of behavioral health leadership in promoting evidence-based practices, consumer and family leadership, cultural competence, children’s system of care principles, and use of nationally recognized outcomes tools.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate with members who have complex medical needs and may have communication barriers.
- Clinical degree in behavioral health preferred.
- Knowledge of children`s system of care and wrap-around principles, evidence based and emerging best practices, diffusion of innovation concept and practices, nationally-recognized outcomes tools for adults and children/youth, best practices in promoting cultural competence and best practice training techniques for adult learners.
- Ability to work collaboratively with behavioral heath providers to expand services and implement recovery and resiliency principles.
Magellan Health Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled