Job DescriptionResponsible for developing and implementing effective training programs for assigned SBU staff, as well as other State and community based agencies that deliver, coordinate or oversee services to eligible persons. Assume overall responsibility for the development and implementation of new employee orientation as well as ongoing education programs either required per contract or identified by performance improvement processes. Also responsible for leadership regarding advanced training activities, and for providing leadership/support to staff located in the field.
- Designs and implements training programs in consultation with internal departments and stakeholders regarding innovative training initiatives including best practice, leadership development, cultural competency, and customer service.
- Researches, develops and maintains manuals and documentation of customized service center procedures, training programs, support materials, and training/job aids.
- Develops clinical training modules, new hire training materials and format, and to assure that additional training needs of the site are met.
- Develops new trainings as regulations are updated to ensure compliance with state regulations and contract requirements.
- Delivers classroom instruction for new hire, existing staff, provider, and community populations and other stakeholders, as assigned.
- Provides detailed instruction on Magellan and contract-specific policies/procedures, service delivery standards, clinical information systems and care management processes.
- Employs a variety of learning interventions in response to individual learning styles including: instructor-led (classroom based and virtual), facilitated, on-the-job coaching, 1:1 tutoring, online courses and just-in-time training.
- Provides detailed instruction on customer account requirements systems and care management process.
- Conducts refresher training for existing clinical staff to implement process changes, correct deficiencies and improve individual performance.
- Serves as the subject matter expert within the internal learning team on issues related to the contract and information systems.
- Evaluates learner performance, develops performance improvement plans, counsels learners on performance issues and consults with managers on individual employees' performance.
- Uses available data, such as exams/assessments scores, participant evaluations, service observations, and satisfaction surveys to identify training needs, make recommendations to the leadership team and continuously improve training programs and materials.
- Assesses individual performance, counsels trainees on performance issues and provides evaluations of trainee progress to management to support critical HR decisions.
General Job Information
Job FamilyHuman Resources Group
CountryUnited States of America
FLSA StatusUnited States of America (Exempt)
Recruiting Start Date12/17/2018
Date Requisition Created12/12/2018
EducationBachelors (Required), Masters
License and Certifications - Required
License and Certifications - Preferred
Other Job Requirements
- Experience authoring/editing clinical training and delivering clinical training to providers.
- Prefer candidates that have worked as a clinician.
- Superior organization and planning skills.
- Exceptional communication skills including presentation, public speaking, and facilitation skills.
- Experience delivering classes face-to-face as well as remotely.
- The ability to engage the audience and have a high energy level.
- Ability to establish credibility and collegiality with provider community and collaborate and partner with leaders.
- Experience with eLearning or Web-based Training.
- Experience with Learning Management Systems (LMS), Adobe Captivate, and MS products.
- 2+ years' experience in a Managed Behavioral Health Organization (MBHO) or health plan operation.
- 2+ years' experience as a trainer.
- At least 1 year as manager/director of training.
Magellan Health Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled
Top 5 reasons to work at Magellan
Meaningful Work With People Who Care
At Magellan Health you can do meaningful work and feel confident that you matter in an organization that makes a real difference in the world - one that cares deeply and uses its employees’ collective insight as a competitive advantage.Read More
We are Compassionately Curious
Magellan Health is a place where we listen with real empathy. It’s one of our biggest strengths. It helps us to support each other and develop innovative solutions for the fastest growing, most complex areas of healthcare.Read More
We are Better Together
We rely on our innate ability to work as a high-functioning collaborative team to facilitate compassionate care to all of our members. With such interdependency comes trust, challenge and innovation.Read More
We believe work and life should flow together in unison. We offer resources that match your professional development, a culture that welcomes your ideas, and unparalleled flexibility to fit work around your life.Read More
Be your best at Magellan Health. We’re a collective of remarkably motivated and driven professionals. As a team, we’re proud of the high standards we set for each other and we’re continually inspired to do our best work.Read More