Associate Contract Manager - St. Louis, MO
Maryland Heights MO 63043 St Louis 1 14100 Magellan Plaza
Job DescriptionThis role is an associate level vendor contracting position responsible for supporting Vendor Contract Managers in delivering best in class value to the organization. The role will work collaboratively with internal business partners to capture business requirements and apply essential negotiation tactics and plans. . As an individual contributor, this entry level position will be developing the skills required to independently lead vendor contracting activities while supporting various lower risk categories of spend.
- Builds strong relationships with internal business owners to understand product & service requirements and develop & execute vendor contracts.
- Supports vendor contracting projects within assigned business areas/categories.
- Prepares vendor agreements and related documents, including facilitation and/or support of negotiations and execution of basic contract documents within assigned business areas/categories.
- Uses a risk-based approach to develop negotiation strategies and contract language.
- Supports the vendor due diligence and evaluation process
- Obtains proper approvals from Legal, Compliance, IT, Security, the requesting business area and any other internal stakeholders as may be warranted for each contract.
- Partners with contract managers in serving as the liaison between Legal, internal business units and the vendor representative.
- Proactively tracks and plans for expiring contracts to ensure contracts are renewed or terminated as desired by the business owner.
General Job Information
TitleAssociate Contract Manager - St. Louis, MO
Job FamilyGeneral Services Group
CountryUnited States of America
FLSA StatusUnited States of America (Exempt)
Recruiting Start Date12/10/2018
Date Requisition Created12/10/2018
EducationBachelors: Business Administration (Required), Bachelors: Supply Chain Management (Required)
License and Certifications - Required
License and Certifications - PreferredCPM - Certified Purchasing Manager - Enterprise, CPSM - Certified Professional in Supply Chain Management - Enterprise
Other Job Requirements
- 5+ years of Purchasing experience.
- 0-3 years of vendor contracting experience.
Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain or Business-related field required.
- Desire to develop vendor contracting and negotiation skills.
- Demonstrated customer service and business partnership skills.
- Ability to collaborate effectively across different functions, businesses, and geographies.
- Excellent communication/facilitation skills, both oral and written.
- Foundational financial and market analysis skills.
- Organizational and project management skills.
- Ability to manage several tasks at one time.
- Proficiency with Microsoft applications: including advanced level Word and Excel; intermediate level PowerPoint.
- C.P.M. or C.P.S.M. referred.
Magellan Health Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled