Orlando FL 32812
Job DescriptionThis position oversees day to day operations of Billing and monthly Billing Close processes. In this leadership role, providing direction and guidance on work assignments will be critical to ensure timely and accurate completion of tasks. As well as effectively managing the performance of the billing staff while creating a team culture that optimizes staff development. This role is responsible for identifying and implementing process improvement initiatives that maintain exceptional standards of excellence for our clients and members.
- Manages billing staff and workload assignments while monitoring team productivity and quality metrics.
- Establishes and maintains billing processes that ensure accurate and timely claim reimbursement.
- Actively involved in working with other departments in the resolution of billing issues
- Performs Quality oversight of claims and customer service handling
- Prepares Ad hoc reporting and monitors reimbursement rates and margins
- Meets with Senior Management to provide recommendations on system or process improvements
- Coaches and develops staff through 1:1s and on-going feedback as well as training opportunities, including applicable job aids or reference materials.
- Audits Medical claims, reviews Control Reports, and successfully closes the Billing month end cycle.
- Tests and provides feedback on new Operating systems
- Other duties as assigned
General Job Information
Job FamilyFinance Group
CountryUnited States of America
FLSA StatusUnited States of America (Exempt)
Recruiting Start Date12/6/2018
Date Requisition Created12/6/2018
License and Certifications - Required
License and Certifications - Preferred
Other Job Requirements
- 5+ years of supervisory/management experience.
- 5+ years of pharmacy or medical billing experience.
- Demonstrated understanding of Insurance plans, Benefits and Authorization process.
- Advanced level Excel and intermediate knowledge of MS Office Suite.
- Strong analytical and multi-tasking skills, excellent problem-solving skills, attention to detail and follow through
- Must be able to independently resolve issues from the routine to the complex while exercising appropriate judgment, including escalating issues to senior management.
Magellan Health Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled
Top 5 reasons to work at Magellan
Meaningful Work With People Who Care
At Magellan Health you can do meaningful work and feel confident that you matter in an organization that makes a real difference in the world - one that cares deeply and uses its employees’ collective insight as a competitive advantage.Read More
We are Compassionately Curious
Magellan Health is a place where we listen with real empathy. It’s one of our biggest strengths. It helps us to support each other and develop innovative solutions for the fastest growing, most complex areas of healthcare.Read More
We are Better Together
We rely on our innate ability to work as a high-functioning collaborative team to facilitate compassionate care to all of our members. With such interdependency comes trust, challenge and innovation.Read More
We believe work and life should flow together in unison. We offer resources that match your professional development, a culture that welcomes your ideas, and unparalleled flexibility to fit work around your life.Read More
Be your best at Magellan Health. We’re a collective of remarkably motivated and driven professionals. As a team, we’re proud of the high standards we set for each other and we’re continually inspired to do our best work.Read More
When you sayLife @ Magellan
To be the best you have to work with the bestWe hear you