Rancho Cordova CA 95670
Job DescriptionUnder general supervision, and in collaboration with other members of the clinical team, authorizes and reviews utilization of mental health and substance abuse services provided in inpatient and/or outpatient care settings. Collects and analyzes utilization data. Assists with discharge planning and care coordination. Provides member assistance with mental health and substance abuse issues, and participates in special quality improvement projects.
This position will be onsite in the Rancho Cordova, CA office.
- Monitors inpatient and/or outpatient level of care services related to mental health and substance abuse treatment to ensure medical necessity and effectiveness.
- Provides telephone triage, crisis intervention and emergency authorizations as assigned.
- Performs concurrent reviews for inpatient and/or outpatient care and other levels of care as allowed by scope of practice and experience.
- In conjunction with providers and facilities, develops discharge plans and oversee their implementation.
- Performs quality clinical reviews while educating and making appropriate interventions to advance the care of the member in treatment.
- Provides information to members and providers regarding mental health and substance abuse benefits, community treatment resources, mental health managed care programs, and company policies and procedures, and criteria.
- Interacts with Physician Advisors to discuss clinical and authorization questions and concerns regarding specific cases.
- Participates in quality improvement activities, including data collection, tracking, and analysis.
- Maintains an active work load in accordance with National Care Manager performance standards.
- Works with community agencies as appropriate. Proposes alternative plans of treatment when requests for services do not meet medical necessity criteria.
- Participates in network development including identification and recruitment of quality providers as needed.
- Advocates for the patient to ensure treatment needs are met. Interacts with providers in a professional, respectful manner that facilitates the treatment process.
General Job Information
Job FamilyClinical Services Group
CountryUnited States of America
FLSA StatusUnited States of America (Exempt)
Recruiting Start Date12/4/2018
Date Requisition Created11/30/2018
License and Certifications - RequiredCEAP - Certified Employee Assistance Professional - Care Mgmt, LCSW - Licensed Clinical Social Worker - Care Mgmt, LMSW - Licensed Master Social Worker - Care Mgmt, LPC - Licensed Professional Counselor - Care Mgmt, LPN - Licensed Practical Nurse - Care Mgmt, RN - Registered Nurse, State and/or Compact State Licensure - Care Mgmt
License and Certifications - Preferred
Other Job Requirements
Minimum Requirements: CA Independent Behavioral Health licensure: LCSW, LMFT, or LPCC. Education: Masters, or Doctoral Degree in behavioral health related field. Experience: 3-5 years.Industry: Managed Care.Job Specific: 3 years experience post degree in psychiatric and/or substance abuse health care setting, including utilization review.Associate Care Manager must have performance ratings of meets expectations or exceeds expectations in order to qualify for this position.Computer Skills: Ability to use computer systems.Licenses, Certifications, etc.: Meets Magellan credentialing requirements for independent professional practice IF performing TRF reviews (Masters level licensed behavioral health professional).CEAP certification as required by management. Other: Good organization, time management and communication skills.Knowledge of utilization management procedures, mental health and substance abuse community resources and providers.Knowledge and experience in inpatient setting.Ability to function independently and as a team member.Knowledge of DSM IV or most current diagnostic edition.Ability to analyze specific utilization problems, plan and implement solutions that directly influence quality of care.
Magellan Health Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled
“I receive a high level of support from our Senior Management Team to execute on our vision. They are always accessible and approachable, something I’ve found to be very unique to Magellan.”