Job DescriptionOversees a team of proposal professionals, provides guidance, trains/coaches/mentors, and manages the team. Reviews proposal work, develops action plans for improvement, and is responsible for the development of a quality product. Builds and maintains positive working relationships with SMEs and Sales. Assumes responsibility for various proposal department projects. Also, develops professionally written proposal content that clearly articulates the Magellan value proposition. Performs a full range of tasks required to develop strategic, competitive and compliant customized content. Assumes responsibility for the quality of the content assigned to him or her. Utilizes interviewing techniques to gather input from subject matter experts. Manages proposals of moderate to high complexity. Provides guidance to proposal coordinators during the proposal development process.
- Supervises and provides day-to-day leadership of assigned staff members.
- In conjunction with the Director, provides performance reviews/evaluations and SMART goal development.
- Provides guidance and strategic direction as appropriate.
- Conducts draft reviews ensuring that appropriate content has been included that meets strategic objectives for assigned RFPs.
- Ensures team members are completely trained on the proposal development process.
- Manages escalations as appropriate and as needed.
- Reviews SME assignments for appropriateness.
- Participates in proposal meetings as needed.
- Works closely with the Director to identify proposal-related risk and works collaboratively to develop a mitigation plan.
- Reviews RFPs to identify needed SME input.
- Coordinates SME assignments with Opportunity Manager and Proposal Coordinator.
- Crosswalks bid requirements and/or scope of work to the technical questionnaire.
- Identifies SMEs throughout the enterprise to obtain accurate information for inclusion in proposals based on requirements and platform.
- Obtains content by leading information gathering sessions with subject matter experts.
- Ensures content supports the overall product offering and brand positioning.
- Coordinates all legal, pricing, and compliance items.
Edits proposal language to ensure incorporation of strategic themes as well as compliance with RFP requirements.
- Develops original content and coordinates illustrations, explanatory tables and/or graphics.
- Guides proposal coordinators, ensuring all sections of the proposal are consistent, compliant and meet all internal and external deadlines
- Provides updated proposal information for inclusion into the database.
- Coordinate timely production of proposals.
- Use the established style guide and standards for text, graphics, and appendices.
- Coordinates with Legal and Pricing, as needed.
- Coordinates data analysis requests
- Evaluates performance guarantees to ensure consistency with SLAs in proposal.
- Formats documents as needed for submission to client.
General Job Information
TitleManager, Pharmacy Proposals (REMOTE US)
Job FamilySales Group
CountryUnited States of America
FLSA StatusUnited States of America (Exempt)
Recruiting Start Date11/20/2018
Date Requisition Created10/2/2018
EducationBachelors (Required), Masters
License and Certifications - Required
License and Certifications - Preferred
Other Job Requirements
Minimum 5 - 7 years' communication experience to include a minimum of 3 years developing original material for publication or competitive evaluation and prior proposal experience.
Strong time management and prioritization skills – must be able to manage up to 6 proposals of medium complexity simultaneously.
Outstanding communication skills and the ability to work effectively across multiple areas of the organization.
Exceptional writing skills, including interpreting subject matter and ideas into straightforward and concise proposal language.
The ability to work closely with a multi-functional team of SMEs
Strong organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
Ability to think strategically, apply sound judgment, be resourceful and take initiative.
Proven and demonstrated computer and software skills, including Microsoft Word, Excel, Adobe Acrobat, email systems, and file structures.
Demonstrated grasp of marketing principles and the importance of competitive proposals to the pursuit of new business.
Excellent writing and organizational skills.
Strong command of the English language.
Ability to prioritize multiple tasks; ability to analyze documentation to determine client requirements and sales strategy.
Ability to translate directions, strategy and client requirements into effective marketing text.
Ability to work closely with sales team to develop a customized sales strategy.
- 5+ years' competitive proposal writing experience.
- 3+ years' management experience.
Magellan Health Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled
Top 5 reasons to work at Magellan
Meaningful Work With People Who Care
At Magellan Health you can do meaningful work and feel confident that you matter in an organization that makes a real difference in the world - one that cares deeply and uses its employees’ collective insight as a competitive advantage.Read More
We are Compassionately Curious
Magellan Health is a place where we listen with real empathy. It’s one of our biggest strengths. It helps us to support each other and develop innovative solutions for the fastest growing, most complex areas of healthcare.Read More
We are Better Together
We rely on our innate ability to work as a high-functioning collaborative team to facilitate compassionate care to all of our members. With such interdependency comes trust, challenge and innovation.Read More
We believe work and life should flow together in unison. We offer resources that match your professional development, a culture that welcomes your ideas, and unparalleled flexibility to fit work around your life.Read More
Be your best at Magellan Health. We’re a collective of remarkably motivated and driven professionals. As a team, we’re proud of the high standards we set for each other and we’re continually inspired to do our best work.Read More
When you sayLife @ Magellan
To be the best you have to work with the bestWe hear you