EAP Clinician - USPS
Kansas City MO 64121 USPS
Job DescriptionProvides part-time short-term, solution focused EAP counseling and consultation services to clients of the USPS EAP. Functions as part of team to deliver EAP core technology services within the USPS districts.
- Provides short term, solution focused EAP counseling to clients incorporating solution-focused brief therapy skills and advanced chemical dependency knowledge.
- Provides assessment, brief therapy, referral (assuring linkage), case management, consultation and follow-up as indicated.
- Provides services as an agent in the Virtual Call Distribution System.
- Maintain clinical documentation and administrative paperwork according to account expectation and program standards, including distribution of Satisfaction Surveys.
- Requires knowledge and skill in the use of personal computers.
- Provides on-site customer related services, including delivering training presentations, critical incident response, program promotion and support as assigned by Regional Supervisor.
- Requires comfort with public speaking, appearances, and presentations.
- Provide consultation directly to managers, supervisors and union representatives, in situations including but not limited to personal and/or job performance problems of employees; formal supervisory referrals; and critical incident stress management situations.
- Collaborates with Consultant and/or Regional Supervisor on high profile and priority cases.
- Collaborates with National Consultants, Service Center staff, and customer points of contact to maintain in-depth knowledge of USPS structure, benefits, culture, climate, Employee Assistance Program goals, and other needs.
- Provides consultation, support and participates in the delivery of management/union initiated EAP promotional activities, as needed.
- Provide services during evenings and weekends as assigned; assist with on-call responsibilities as assigned; assist with office coverage and availability; respond to emergencies as needed; and work off-site as needed.
- Participates in trainings, quality improvement or other contract activities as assigned.
General Job Information
TitleEAP Clinician - USPS
Job FamilyUSPS - FOH Group
CountryUnited States of America
FLSA StatusUnited States of America (Exempt)
Recruiting Start Date11/19/2018
Date Requisition Created11/19/2018
EducationMasters: Behavioral Health (Required)
License and Certifications - RequiredCurrent licensure required for this position that meets State, Commonwealth or customer-specific requirements. - Care Mgmt, LCSW-C - Licensed Certified Social Worker - Clinical - Care Mgmt, LCSW - Licensed Clinical Social Worker - Care Mgmt, LMHC - Licensed Mental Health Counselor - Care Mgmt, LPCC - Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor - Care Mgmt, LPC - Licensed Professional Counselor - Care Mgmt
License and Certifications - PreferredCEAP - Certified Employee Assistance Professional - Care Mgmt
Other Job Requirements
- Requires comfort and flexibility in responding to high-profile requests and emergent situations.
- Requires ability to maintain knowledge of and sensitivity to the USPS workplace and culture.
- Requires excellent organizational skills to effectively manage high-volume caseload and meet administrative, procedural, and contractual requirements.
- Advanced knowledge of brief therapy and solution-focused treatment methods.
- Knowledge and experience in EAP Core Technology and chemical dependency.
- Requires ability to refer appropriately and to function as part of a team delivering EAP services.
- Provides clinical services within benchmark expectations and chemical dependency identification rate. Provide services consistent with EAP Policy and Procedures.
- Requires knowledge and experience with personal computers and Microsoft Office applications.
- 5+ years' post masters clinical experience.
Magellan Health Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled