Associate Legal Counsel, Pharmacy Benefit Management - Remote Opportunity
United States Minor Outlying Islands, Arizona, Connecticut, Rhode Island, Florida
Job DescriptionThis position will provide legal advice and counsel to company officers, managers and employees in the pharmacy benefit management business. Under the general direction of the General Counsel or Associate General Counsel, this individual provides direction and legal counsel to the company’s pharmacy-related businesses, including all subsidiaries, affiliates, and joint ventures.
Provide legal assistance in the following areas:
- Contracting, including medical pharmacy service agreements, pharmaceutical rebate and various other service arrangements with manufacturers and health plans, pharmacy distribution agreements, and other agreements relating to the company’s specialty drug management business line.
- Developing responses to requests for proposals/requests for information in support of the company’s specialty drug management business, and otherwise working closely with the sales and account management teams on legal issues relating to procurement and retention of customers.
- Providing day-to-day legal oversight and counsel on a wide range of issues in support of and working closely with colleagues involved in the company’s pharmacy benefit businesses, including development of best practices to reduce the company’s legal and regulatory risks.
- Assisting on corporate development projects, including corporate transactions, through review and identification of risks relating to such projects and transactions;
- Identifying and assisting in the resolution of disputes and inquiries from customers, other business partners, and governmental/regulatory agencies.
- Providing other legal advice and assisting in tasks as requested by senior management.
- The responsibilities of this position requires researching, evaluating, interpreting and resolving problems. Guides and advises corporate officers and managers to ensure they are fully aware of the legal issues relating to and ramifications of their actions and decisions.
- Key internal contacts include all levels of staff and management regarding legal implications of business activity. Key external contacts include communication with customers and their lawyers, providers and other vendors and their lawyers, and state and federal government regulators.
- Acts within corporate policies and guidelines, and according to the tenets of behavior of the legal profession.
General Job Information
TitleAssociate Legal Counsel, Pharmacy Benefit Management - Remote Opportunity
Job FamilyLegal Group
CountryUnited States of America
FLSA StatusUnited States of America (Exempt)
Recruiting Start Date8/29/2018
Date Requisition Created8/29/2018
License and Certifications - Required
License and Certifications - Preferred
Other Job Requirements
- Bar admission.
- 5+ years practicing law in a corporate setting.
- 5+ years Pharmacy Benefit Management (PBM) experience, experience in pharmaceutical manufacturer contracting, or experience in healthcare with focus on administration of pharmacy benefits.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Product Suite.
- Must remain current with legal issues affecting the company, the health care industry and pharmacy benefits management business.
- Ability to work effectively from a remote location (if position is not physically located at a Magellan office location).
- Strong problem solving skills, strong written and oral communication skills, independent, organized, self-starter.
- Ability to handle multiple assignments/tasks at the same time and to exercise sound judgment regarding prioritization of workload.
Magellan Health Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled
Top 5 reasons to work at Magellan
Meaningful Work With People Who Care
At Magellan Health you can do meaningful work and feel confident that you matter in an organization that makes a real difference in the world - one that cares deeply and uses its employees’ collective insight as a competitive advantage.Read More
We are Compassionately Curious
Magellan Health is a place where we listen with real empathy. It’s one of our biggest strengths. It helps us to support each other and develop innovative solutions for the fastest growing, most complex areas of healthcare.Read More
We are Better Together
We rely on our innate ability to work as a high-functioning collaborative team to facilitate compassionate care to all of our members. With such interdependency comes trust, challenge and innovation.Read More
We believe work and life should flow together in unison. We offer resources that match your professional development, a culture that welcomes your ideas, and unparalleled flexibility to fit work around your life.Read More
Be your best at Magellan Health. We’re a collective of remarkably motivated and driven professionals. As a team, we’re proud of the high standards we set for each other and we’re continually inspired to do our best work.Read More
When you sayLife @ Magellan
To be the best you have to work with the bestWe hear you