Sr. National Quality Director, Medicare
Job DescriptionServes within the National Clinical Department or large SBU unit. Directs quality initiatives and projects. May supervise staff. Responsibilities vary based on assigned area. Leadership assignments and areas of responsibility may include: accreditation, quality policies, patient safety, clinical/network support tools, customer relations, reporting and analytics, survey processes, process improvement, quality studies, delegation vendor management, sales and marketing support, quality committees and HEDIS/STAR interventions/coordination.
- Directs quality projects and assigned quality, clinical and network support activities including: quality policies, accreditation preparation, patient safety program and quality website content.
- Provides leadership and accountability for QI committees. Assists in setting meeting agenda, minute documentation and follow-up, and develops/oversees preparation of QI annual documents and templates.
- Serves as liaison with assigned departments, external accreditation agencies and customers.
- Directs accreditation programs. Consults with and trains units on accreditation initiation and project planning. Conducts field readiness audits and provides intensive assistance to units in accreditation preparation as needed.
- Supports sales, marketing and product development as needed with proposal language, accreditation content and quality documentation.
- Maintains repository of QI materials/tools for use throughout the SBU and/or the enterprise.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
General Job Information
TitleSr. National Quality Director, Medicare
Job FamilyQuality Group
CountryUnited States of America
FLSA StatusUnited States of America (Exempt)
Recruiting Start Date11/10/2018
Date Requisition Created11/10/2018
EducationMasters: Healthcare (Required)
License and Certifications - Required
License and Certifications - PreferredLSW - Licensed Social Worker - Care Mgmt
Other Job Requirements
ResponsibilitiesKnowledge of healthcare quality processes, accreditation standards, CQI processes, data analytics, performance measurement, policy development and project management. Demonstrated management and communication skills. Able to juggle multiple projects, work under time pressures, shift projects and demonstrate creativity in project development. Must be highly accountable and able to build alliances across department and with customers. Ability to work with computer software and analytical tools.
Magellan Health Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled
Top 5 reasons to work at Magellan
Meaningful Work With People Who Care
At Magellan Health you can do meaningful work and feel confident that you matter in an organization that makes a real difference in the world - one that cares deeply and uses its employees’ collective insight as a competitive advantage.Read More
We are Compassionately Curious
Magellan Health is a place where we listen with real empathy. It’s one of our biggest strengths. It helps us to support each other and develop innovative solutions for the fastest growing, most complex areas of healthcare.Read More
We are Better Together
We rely on our innate ability to work as a high-functioning collaborative team to facilitate compassionate care to all of our members. With such interdependency comes trust, challenge and innovation.Read More
We believe work and life should flow together in unison. We offer resources that match your professional development, a culture that welcomes your ideas, and unparalleled flexibility to fit work around your life.Read More
Be your best at Magellan Health. We’re a collective of remarkably motivated and driven professionals. As a team, we’re proud of the high standards we set for each other and we’re continually inspired to do our best work.Read More
When you sayLife @ Magellan
To be the best you have to work with the bestWe hear you