VP, Pharmacy Operations
Orlando FL 32812
Job DescriptionThis position manages the strategic operations of the pharmacy, regulatory compliance, while ensuring safe, effective, progressive, quality pharmaceutical care and world class operations. Possess the necessary experience and skills as detailed above to develop and enhance all aspects of pharmacy operations including: patient intake, customer service, order management, clinical/utilization management, billing, accounts receivable, account management and quality control.
- Establishes pharmacy operations objectives: implements, monitors, measures and refines objectives to ensure positive outcomes and alignment with corporate performance goals.
- Creates and/or refines processes, tools, measurements, and systems consistent with processes found in large established specialty pharmacy environments.
- Implements and monitors metrics based performance measurement tools.
- Implements a formal Quality System to achieve world class operations status.
- Develops pharmacy management staff through appropriate goal setting, performance targets and other management tools while providing necessary support and coaching.
- Participates with Executive Management in establishing strategic direction and financial planning for pharmacy segment.
- Supports Pharmacy Directors to facilitate execution of day to day pharmacy activities.
- Participates in recruitment and hiring of new senior management pharmacy operations staff.
- Monitors all Federal, State, and local laws and standards of practice which govern the profession of pharmacy.
- Oversees project management activities that are central to implementation of key initiatives and boarding of new clients and/or programs.
- Serves as senior most account manager for key pharmacy clients.
- Supports business development activities by participating in prospective client capability presentations and leading the pharmacy segment's request for proposal (RFP) responses.
General Job Information
TitleVP, Pharmacy Operations
Job FamilyPharmacy Group
CountryUnited States of America
FLSA StatusUnited States of America (Exempt)
Recruiting Start Date11/9/2018
Date Requisition Created11/9/2018
EducationMasters (Required), PharmD
License and Certifications - RequiredRPH - Registered Pharmacist - Pharmacy
License and Certifications - PreferredPharmD - Doctor Of Pharmacy, State Licensure - Pharmacy
Other Job Requirements
ResponsibilitiesPREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS (Additional skills necessary to exceed minimum performance standards)Education: Doctor of PharmacyMINIMUM REQUIREMENTS (Skills necessary to meet minimum performance standards of the position)1. Education: MA/MS/MBA 2. Experience: 8 years: Pharmacy operations and home in- fusion therapy 3. Job Specific: Possess a strong operation management ex- perience with a leading specialty pharmacy or home infusion pharmacy service provider. 4. Licenses, Certifications, etc.: Licensed as a Registered Pharmacist
Magellan Health Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled
Top 5 reasons to work at Magellan
Meaningful Work With People Who Care
At Magellan Health you can do meaningful work and feel confident that you matter in an organization that makes a real difference in the world - one that cares deeply and uses its employees’ collective insight as a competitive advantage.Read More
We are Compassionately Curious
Magellan Health is a place where we listen with real empathy. It’s one of our biggest strengths. It helps us to support each other and develop innovative solutions for the fastest growing, most complex areas of healthcare.Read More
We are Better Together
We rely on our innate ability to work as a high-functioning collaborative team to facilitate compassionate care to all of our members. With such interdependency comes trust, challenge and innovation.Read More
We believe work and life should flow together in unison. We offer resources that match your professional development, a culture that welcomes your ideas, and unparalleled flexibility to fit work around your life.Read More
Be your best at Magellan Health. We’re a collective of remarkably motivated and driven professionals. As a team, we’re proud of the high standards we set for each other and we’re continually inspired to do our best work.Read More
When you sayLife @ Magellan
To be the best you have to work with the bestWe hear you