Job DescriptionThis position is responsible for driving business performance results related to the overall execution of strategic objectives.
- Responsible for driving executive decisions that sustain organizational change through influence and negotiation with internal and external stakeholders.
- Responsible for assessing market pressures and developing or realigning strategic objectives to define differentiation, disruption or other competitive strategies to continue to gain market share.
- Leads a team of senior level leaders tasked with the following responsibilities:
Strategy; planning and execution
Value chain strategies and pricing optimization
Analytics (including reporting)
- Prepares and responds to Board expectations with and on behalf of the CEO.
General Job Information
TitleSVP, Data Strategy and Analytics
Job FamilyFinance Group
CountryUnited States of America
FLSA StatusUnited States of America (Exempt)
Recruiting Start Date10/24/2018
Date Requisition Created10/24/2018
EducationBachelors (Required), Masters
License and Certifications - Required
License and Certifications - Preferred
Other Job Requirements
- 15+ years of progressive experience in financial operations within managed care, health care or insurance industries.
- 10+ years in a managerial position interfacing with senior management.
- Must be able to handle multiple priorities and meet tight deadlines.
- Detail oriented and have excellent analytical skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; comfortable communicating with executive leadership.
- Ability to interact with all levels of staff, including senior management.
Magellan Health Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled
Top 5 reasons to work at Magellan
Meaningful Work With People Who Care
At Magellan Health you can do meaningful work and feel confident that you matter in an organization that makes a real difference in the world - one that cares deeply and uses its employees’ collective insight as a competitive advantage.Read More
We are Compassionately Curious
Magellan Health is a place where we listen with real empathy. It’s one of our biggest strengths. It helps us to support each other and develop innovative solutions for the fastest growing, most complex areas of healthcare.Read More
We are Better Together
We rely on our innate ability to work as a high-functioning collaborative team to facilitate compassionate care to all of our members. With such interdependency comes trust, challenge and innovation.Read More
We believe work and life should flow together in unison. We offer resources that match your professional development, a culture that welcomes your ideas, and unparalleled flexibility to fit work around your life.Read More
Be your best at Magellan Health. We’re a collective of remarkably motivated and driven professionals. As a team, we’re proud of the high standards we set for each other and we’re continually inspired to do our best work.Read More
When you sayLife @ Magellan
To be the best you have to work with the bestWe hear you