VP, Analytics, Medical Cost Management - Avon, CT or Columbia, MD
Job Description• This position will lead a team supporting Magellan’s Specialty Benefit Management business with solutions across behavioral, radiology and other areas of the medical spend.
• These solutions are primarily targeted at the commercial market including health plans, employers and providers.
• Responsibilities include all aspects of medical cost management including utilization, network unit costs/pricing and quality-related measures that are balanced with cost initiatives.
• Partner with clinical and other functional leaders and business unit leadership to drive cost of care management across business – identify opportunities, design action plans and develop/track key performance indicators.
• Team consists of ~ 15 staff supporting budgeting/forecasting of medical costs, valuation and tracking of cost of care initiatives and customer-level reconciliations and settlements.
• Background in manage care industry running medical economics function in a health plan or specialty managed care company is required.
• Actuarial certification is preferred but not required.
- This role will oversee the creation and maintenance of a comprehensive knowledge base, developing and promoting best practices and driving innovation through various types of data. This position contributes to the creation and improvement of analytical methods and puts them to use. Develops and enforces standards for the process of data collection and analysis. Leads and supervises groups researching strategic business data and conducting data analysis. General responsibilities include decision support, business line strategy, business modeling, forecasting and analysis. Proven track record of creating value by facilitating data-driven decision making across an organization and with executive-level constituents.
- Define and prioritize key strategic objectives for SBU.
- Provide decision support thru high-quality business forecasting, operations and analytics processes.
- Lead a team to accomplish the goals and objectives of the SBU.
- Create highly sophisticated analytic frameworks and functional models to forecast the business and provide recommendations for solving key business problems, while growing/optimizing revenues and profits.
- Develop and maintain KPIs and business dashboards to enable performance management and facilitate accountability. Key areas of focus will include: business line strategy, risk retention strategies, cost of care, ROI, clinical analytics, product portfolio pricing and analyses, sales and sales channel analytics and decision support, customer ROI and value analyses, competitive research and analysis, etc.
- Develop and promote best practices and drive innovation through various types of data.
General Job Information
TitleVP, Analytics - Avon, CT or Columbia, MD
Job FamilyGeneral Services Group
CountryUnited States of America
FLSA StatusUnited States of America (Exempt)
Recruiting Start Date8/27/2018
Date Requisition Created8/27/2018
EducationBachelors: Computer and Information Science (Required), Bachelors: Information Technology (Required), Bachelors: Management Information Systems (Required)
License and Certifications - Required
License and Certifications - Preferred
Other Job Requirements
- 10+ years experience with increasing levels of responsibility in health care, with 5 years in a leadership capacity.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and basic understanding of SQL codes and programming are necessary.
- History of progressive roles, knowledge of medical claims data, exposure to accounting (eg. IBNR), underwriting and claims-based, cost of care analytics.
Magellan Health Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled