Lead Business Intelligence Specialist
Job DescriptionAnalyzes, designs the framework for and participates in the development of business intelligence reports and other informational objects . The primary focus of the position deals with Information Delivery and Data Analytic projects. Evaluates and recommends system and software to meet the business and support needs of the organization and establishes standards for those tools.
- Provides engineering and architectural leadership to multiple, cross-disciplinary projects. May lead a small team of developers.
- Researches, finds, and evaluates new technology. Determines the best technologies to use for our environment considering future direction, risk, consistency and R.O.I.. Takes into account the technology changes have taken place over the years, and helps project the trends for the future.
- Trains and mentors programming staff on use of new technologies.
- Creates frameworks to provide accurate information quickly to the organization. Analyze, design and build reports and assists in the creation of data marts as needed.
- Establishes standards. Coordinates between teams to make sure best technology practices are understood and are being followed.
- Conducts code reviews of highly critical code or code which is using new technologies.
- Maintains constant communication with customers, internal and external, to facilitate analysis and troubleshooting for production issues. Ensures the highest levels of customer satisfaction with the data integration solutions.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
General Job Information
TitleLead Business Intelligence Specialist
Job FamilyGeneral Services Group
CountryUnited States of America
FLSA StatusUnited States of America (Exempt)
Recruiting Start Date9/21/2018
Date Requisition Created9/21/2018
EducationBachelors: Information Technology (Required), Bachelors: Mathematics (Required), Bachelors: Statistics (Required)
License and Certifications - Required
License and Certifications - Preferred
Other Job Requirements
- Strong SQL coding experience is required.
- Experience with broad range of database environments like SQL Server, Oracle, Hadoop in Datalake environment.
- Working/Hands-on experience on datalke concepts.
- Participates in Business Intelligence projects, and works with analytical group and IT to ensure implementation using agile methodologies. (Scrum/Kanban)
- Proven track record to drive rapid prototyping and design for new projects and analytic R&D environments. Ability to translate broader business initiatives into clear team objectives and concrete individual goals, aligning appropriately with other groups for efficient, coordinated action.
- Experience with tools and technologies like Qlikview, QlikSense, Qlik Nprinting. Java Script, Python etc would be a plus.
Magellan Health Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled