VP Business Development
Job DescriptionThis position has overall responsibility for the development, execution and management of Business Development and marketing strategies to drive revenue growth for all of assigned Magellan's SBUs. This includes development of competitive positioning through diverse responsibility for Merger and Acquisition; joint venture, business partnerships and other growth opportunities in addition to providing consultation on marketing and sales efforts as needed. This role directs the Business Development infrastructure and tools to support revenue growth and supervises staff in these areas. This role also builds and maintains collaborative internal relationships with peers and external relationships with consultants, lobbyists and payer decision-makers throughout the United States.
- Assesses market dynamics; develops and executes a growth strategy based on market trends, Magellan capabilities, competitive environment, and segment growth forecast. Directs development of product and market specific sales and marketing plans that enhance revenue growth and reflect current public policy and integrated health trends, as well as State and Federal government, health plan and large employer budget priorities.
- Develops and executes an organizational structure and supporting work systems and processes for achieving business goals.
- Provides strategic leadership for individual state management.
- Implements new programs to enhance relationships with key stakeholders and promote programs and services.
- Supports development of Requests For Proposal for procurement and program expansion.
- Directs, coordinates and leads the Medicare Operations meetings to ensure operations (claims, calls, enrollment, network) are in compliance with governmental contracts, laws, regulations and policies that govern its Medicare program.
- Collaborates with departments to ensure all policies and procedures are updated regularly and are operationally sound to meet the Medicare regulations for both Part C and Part D.
- Collaborates the Compliance and Department leaders in audits and oversight to ensure compliancy, turn around times and quality.
General Job Information
TitleVP Business Development
Job FamilySales Group
CountryUnited States of America
FLSA StatusUnited States of America (Exempt)
Recruiting Start Date9/11/2018
Date Requisition Created9/11/2018
License and Certifications - Required
License and Certifications - Preferred
Other Job Requirements
Knowledge of public sector (Medicaid/Medicare/CHIP) policy and practice at State and local government level. Experience in related lines of products and services. Proficiency in applying and interpreting rules associated with Medicare regulations.10+ years business development and marketing experience, preferably with large, complex health care product / services contracts.Ability to develop strategic marketing plans, set and monitor associated budgets, and track results to plan. Experience setting priorities for, and managing, a sales team across various lines of business lines. Established track record of profitable revenue-bearing account closures. Strong negotiation skills. Experience working with prospects and customers to package, price, present and close business in line with company priorities. Established contacts and relationships with potential target customers.
Magellan Health Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled
Top 5 reasons to work at Magellan
Meaningful Work With People Who Care
At Magellan Health you can do meaningful work and feel confident that you matter in an organization that makes a real difference in the world - one that cares deeply and uses its employees’ collective insight as a competitive advantage.Read More
We are Compassionately Curious
Magellan Health is a place where we listen with real empathy. It’s one of our biggest strengths. It helps us to support each other and develop innovative solutions for the fastest growing, most complex areas of healthcare.Read More
We are Better Together
We rely on our innate ability to work as a high-functioning collaborative team to facilitate compassionate care to all of our members. With such interdependency comes trust, challenge and innovation.Read More
We believe work and life should flow together in unison. We offer resources that match your professional development, a culture that welcomes your ideas, and unparalleled flexibility to fit work around your life.Read More
Be your best at Magellan Health. We’re a collective of remarkably motivated and driven professionals. As a team, we’re proud of the high standards we set for each other and we’re continually inspired to do our best work.Read More
When you sayLife @ Magellan
To be the best you have to work with the bestWe hear you